Max Q (quartet)
|Members||Greg Clancy – tenor
Tony DeRosa – lead
Gary Lewis – baritone
Jeff Oxley – bass
Max Q is the barbershop quartet that won the gold medal Barbershop Harmony Society International Barbershop Quartet Contest at Denver's Pepsi Center July 7, 2007. The quartet's run for the title is featured in the 2009 feature documentary American Harmony.
Max Q formed in 2002 and began competing in the International Barbershop Quartet Contest in 2004. In 2004, 2005, and 2006, Max Q finished in second place to Gotcha!, Realtime, and Vocal Spectrum in consecutive years. In 2007, Max Q won by a 286-point margin, over OC Times in second place with Storm Front in third.
Max Q is specifically notable in that all four members have prior experience in championship-level quartets and choruses. With their 2007 win, DeRosa and Oxley joined Joe Connelly and Kipp Buckner as the only singers with three or more first-place finishes. Connelly has since gone on to win a record fourth gold medal with Old School.
- Greg Clancy – tenor, Creative Director and lead section leader of the Vocal Majority chorus, participated in all 12 Vocal Majority gold medal victories. His most recent as Musical Director in 2014.
- Tony DeRosa – lead, former two-time gold medalist singing baritone with 1992 champions Keepsake and 2000 champions Platinum. He currently directs the Big Orange Chorus out of Jacksonville, Florida, as well as the Heralds of Harmony and Toast of Tampa Show Chorus  women's chorus out of Tampa, Florida.
- Gary Lewis – baritone, 2 time former gold medalist singing tenor with Platinum and the Collegiate Quartet "The Real Deal". He was director of the Sweet Adelines Chorus "Pride of Toledo" and sang as replacement bass for 1992 champs Keepsake. He now directs the Men of Independence chorus in Independence, Ohio.
- Jeff Oxley – bass, former two-time gold medalist with The Rapscallions in 1984 and Acoustix in 1990, former associate director and bass section leader of the Vocal Majority, participated in 6 Vocal Majority gold medal victories, and one gold medal as musical director of the Masters of Harmony chorus
Jeff Oxley and Tony DeRosa were recently elected to the Westminster Chorus Fantasy Gold Quartet as bass and baritone along with lead Joe Connelly (Old School 2011, Platinum 2000, Keepsake 1992, Interstate Rivals 1987) and tenor Tim Waurick (Vocal Spectrum 2006).
- Barbershop music
- Ambassadors of Harmony
- Barbershop Harmony Society
- List of quartet champions by year
- "Max Q wins international barbershop quartet contest" (press release) Barbershop Harmony Society
- Joe Leydon "American Harmony (Documentary)" Variety
- MaxQ [Bio: Greg Clancy]
- MaxQ [Bio: Tony DeRosa]
- Big Orange Chorus [Bio: Tony DeRosa]
- Heralds of Harmony [Bio: Tony DeRosa]
- Toast of Tampa [Bio: Tony DeRosa]
- "Bio: Gary Lewis". maxquartet.com. MaxQ Productions. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- Cornelius, Steven (November 12, 2004). "Accolades are familiar refrain". Toledo Blade. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- McIntyre, Michael K. (February 11, 2013). "Here Comes the Bride, Stat!". cleveland.com. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
Men of Independence is no rag tag choir. It's directed by Gary Lewis [...] and Tom Scott
- MaxQ [Bio: Jeff Oxley]
|SPEBSQSA International Quartet Champions