Mentir para Vivir
|Mentir para vivir|
|Created by||Maria Zarattini|
|Theme music composer||Alberto Olmedo|
|Opening theme||"Déjame soñar" by Ricardo Montaner and India Martínez|
|Ending theme||"Volverte a enamorar" by David Zepeda|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||101 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Rosy Ocampo|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||June 3– October 20, 2013|
|Preceded by||Qué bonito amor|
|Followed by||Quiero amarte|
Mentir para vivir (Life of Lies; dubbed as Lie So You Can Live by Univision) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Rosy Ocampo for Televisa. The telenovela is written by Maria Zarattini, who last wrote La Fuerza del Destino.
On June 3, 2013, Canal de las Estrellas started broadcasting Mentir para vivir (originally scheduled to air on May 27, 2013) weeknights at 7:25pm, replacing Qué bonito amor. The last episode was broadcast on October 20, with Quiero Amarte replacing it the following day.
On October 7, 2013, Univision started broadcasting Mentir para vivir weeknights at 10pm/9c, replacing Qué Bonito Amor. On December 23, 2013, due to low ratings, Univision started broadcasting Mentir para vivir weeknights at 7pm/6c, replacing Corazón indomable. The last episode was broadcast on February 28, 2014.
From November 4, 2013 until January 24, 2014 Telesudamérica airs an hour of Mentir para Vivir on the time 7:00 a.m, replacing Eva Luna. From January 27 to February 23, 2014 Telesudamérica aired two hours of Mentir para Vivir. Because it had to be transmitted at 10:00 p.m, he opted trasmintir the mornings while Porque el Amor Manda aired at 10:00 p.m. From the February 24, 2014 an hour Hoy replaces Mentir para Vivir.
Oriana Caligaris [Mayrín Villanueva] and José Luis Falcón [Diego Olivera] are a Mexican couple who lives in Colombia with their six years old daughter, Alina [Ana Paula Martinez].
José Luis works in Colombian customs. One day, he confesses to Oriana about his involvement in a smuggling operations, and that the earnings are deposited into an account opened in Oriana's name but without her consent. For this, Jose told Oriana that the police is searching for them.
Disappointed and out of fear, Oriana escapes to Mexico with her daughter Alina, to find her dear friend, Raquel [Altair Jarabo], who along with Lucina [Cecilia Gabriela] own the hotel "El Descanso" in San Carlos, Sonora. Raquel decided to keep Oriana and her daughter in their hotel for the few days they would be staying. José Luis supposedly died in a chase with police.
Among the hotel guests is Don Gabriel Sánchez [Alejandro Tommasi], an old friend of Lucia. Gabriel is a partner at a major spinning and weaving factory located in Hermosillo, Sonora. He is a widow that is remarried to Lila [Lourdes Munguia], an ambitious woman that is twenty years younger than him. Lila has a brother, Berto [Ferdinando Valencia], who is a playboy.
One afternoon while Don Gabriel was relaxing at the hotel, Alina saw a gun by the beach while she was playing. The gun was dropped by some drunk guys the previous day. While Alina tried to show Gabriel the gun, she accidentally shot him in the chest. Gabriel falls dead. On hearing the shot, Oriana runs and sees his daughter with a gun. Out of fear and in a bid to protect them, Raquel and Lucina send Oriana and Alina to Guaymas, Sonora.
When Ricardo [David Zepeda] arrives in San Carlos to collect the body of his father and initiate investigations, it was reported that the main suspect of the crime is a young woman who is accompanied by her young daughter.
Few days after the shooting, Anas Valdivia [Laisha Wilkins], a strange, depressed and lonely young woman checked into the hotel, and drowned herself. Always-clever Lucina takes the opportunity to pass on Anas' identification, thus making Oriana impersonate Anas. This is to clear Oriana of her involvement in the murder of Don Gabriel. Though this was against Oriana's will, but she accepted because she has no choice but to 'Lie to Live'.
Living as Anas, Oriana worked in a cloth store, starting her life all over. She also changed Alina's name to Catalina and explained why she changed their names - so that they won't be separated.
Few weeks after, Mrs. Paloma Aresti [Adriana Roel], Ricardo's godmother and a wealthy woman who is in search of her only grandchild and heir, hired a private investigator, who went by the hotel to search for Anas Valdivia. an investigator sent by who is looking for her only grandchild and heir, whom she does not know: Inés Valdivia. Again timely, Lucina, knowing what she had done with Anas' identity, led the investigator to Oriana, painting her to be the 'likely' granddaughter of the wealthy old woman. She also told the investigator that she saw a little girl with the supposed Anas. Lucina then gives the investigator Oriana' picture, telling him it's Anas. Lucina also gives a brush with a lock of Anas' hair and advised a DNA test.
Eventually, Anas (Oriana) is located by Paloma, who takes her to live with her. There, Oriana meets Ricardo. Oriana then becomes a partner in Paloma's spinning and weaving factory.
Gabriel's son, Ricardo [David Zepeda] is a successful engineer who has a and rebellious teenager Sebastian (Alejandro Speitzer).
The attraction between Oriana and Ricardo is immediate without imagining that there are among them many obstacles and adversities secrets to be overcome, circumstances further complicate when José Luis which in reality is not dead man back to Mexico determined to get his family and fight in a game of lies and truths which love will triumph in the end.
- Mayrín Villanueva as Oriana Caligaris
- David Zepeda as Ricardo Sánchez Bretón
- Diego Olivera as José Luis Falcón
- Altair Jarabo as Raquel Ledesma
- Leticia Perdigón as Matilde Aresti de Camargo
- Cecilia Gabriela as Lucina González
- Nuria Bages as Fidelia Bretón
- Lourdes Munguía as Lila Martín de Sánchez
- Ferdinando Valencia as Berto Martín
- Joaquín Cosío as Joaquín
- Juan Carlos Barreto as Rubén Camargo
- Fabián Robles as Piero Verástegui
- Felipe Nájera as Padre Mariano
- Osvaldo de León as Leonardo Olvera de la Garza
- Luis Fernando Peña as Eliseo
- Geraldine Galván as Fabiola Camargo Aresti
- Lucas Velázquez as César Camargo Aresti
- Alejandro Speitzer as Sebastián Sánchez Bretón
- Ana Paula Martínez as Alina
- Alberto Agnesi as Antonio Araujo
- Mariluz Bermúdez as Marilú Tapia
- Manuel Guízar as Benigno Jiménez
- Mariana Garza as María Jiménez
- Joana Brito as Nadia
- María Prado as Elvira
- Claudia Ortega as Berenice
- Ignacio Guadalupe as Manolo
- Germán Gutiérrez as Ezequiel Santos
- Erik Guecha as Jorge
- Adriana Roel as Paloma Aresti
Awards and nominations
|2014||Plaza Condesa, Ciudad de México||Best Telenovela||Mentir para Vivir||Nominated||Amores Verdaderos|
|Best screenplay or adaptation||Mentir para Vivir||Nominated||Kary Fajer, Gerardo Luna and Ximena Suárez (Amores Verdaderos)|
|Telenovela Platform||Mentir para Vivir||Nominated||(Amores Verdaderos)|
|Best Lead Actress||Mayrin Villanueva||Nominated||Erika Buenfil (Amores Verdaderos)|
|Best Lead Actor||David Zepeda||Nominated||Juan Diego Covarrubias (De que te quiero te quiero)|
|Antagonist Best Actress||Altair Jarabo||Nominated||Marjorie de Sousa (Amores Verdaderos)|
|Best Actor Antagonist||Diego Olivera||Nominated||Manuel Ojeda (La Tempestad)|
|Best Leading Actor||Patricio Castillo||Nominated||Jesús Ochoa (Libre para amarte)|
|Best Young Actor||Alejandro Speitzer||Won||N/A|
|Best actress co-star||Cecilia Gabriela||Nominated||Cynthia Klitbo (De que te quiero te quiero)|
|Best Actor co-feature||Felipe Najera||Won||N/A|
|Best Supporting Actress||Leticia Perdigón||Nominated||Susana Gonzalez (Amores Verdaderos)|
|Best Supporting Actor||Juan Carlos Barreto||Nominated||Manuel 'Flaco' Ibáñez (La mujer del vendaval)|
|Best Stage Manager||Benjamin Cann and Rodrigo Saunbos||Won||N/A|
- "TV Notas ¡Irresistible!". tvnotas.com.mx. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Mentir para vivir, nueva telenovela de David Zepeda y Mayrín Villanueva". starMedia. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Altair Jarabo y Diego Olivera se integraron a la telenovela "Mentir Para Vivir"". Univision.com. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "'Mentir Para Vivir' Telenovela: Altair Jarabo and Diego Olivera Have Joined the Cast". Latinos Post. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "us". Televisa Televisión. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "TV Notas ¡Irresistible!". tvnotas.com.mx. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Mentir Para Vivir llegará a su final el 20 de octubre". En El Show. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Gran estreno de Quiero Amarte, nueva telenovela de Cristian de la Fuente y Karime Lozano". starMedia. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Revista TVyNovelas". Revista TVyNovelas. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Elenco de la telenovela "Oriana"". starMedia. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "El Universal - - Rosy Ocampo producirá "Mentiras de verdad"". eluniversal.com.mx. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Avances sobre la Novela Qué Bonito Amor, calma tu intriga - Univision.com". Univision.com. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Videos de la Novela Mentir Para Vivir y sus actores - Univision.com". Univision.com. Retrieved 30 March 2015.