Metro Martín Carrera
|STC rapid transit|
Outdoor station sign, 21 December 2006
Metro Martín Carrera is a station on the Mexico City Metro. It is located at the borders of the Colonia Martín Carrera, Colonia 15 de Agosto, and Colonia Díaz Mirón districts in the Gustavo A. Madero borough, in the north of Mexico City. The station logo depicts bust of General Martín Carrera, a national hero who fought in the Mexican-American War of 1846–48.
Martín Carrera is both a terminal station and a transfer station, linking Lines 4 and 6, both of which terminate here. Like other terminal stations on the network, this one is multimodal: it connects with suburban bus lines that serve areas including Cerro Gordo, Vía Morelos, and others across the state line in México state. The station also connects with trolleybus line "LL", which runs between the San Felipe de Jesús neighbourhood and Metro Hidalgo. This station is near the Basílica de Guadalupe, a Roman Catholic shrine and place of pilgrimage.
- "Martín Carrera" (in Spanish). Sistema de Transporte Colectivo. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Martín Carrera » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Servicios.- Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos del D.F.: Línea: LL LINEA LL SAN FELIPE DE JESÚS - METRO HIDALGO" (in Spanish). Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe". Wikimapia. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert, ed. "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 20 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Martín Carrera (station).|
|This Mexico City Metro article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|