21 April 1977 |
Viby, Roskilde Municipality, on the island of Zealand
Schjoldager competed in badminton at the 2004 Summer Olympics in women's doubles with partner Pernille Harder. They had a bye in the first round and were defeated by Ra Kyung-min and Lee Kyung-won of Korea in the round of 16.
She also competed in mixed doubles with partner Jens Eriksen. They defeated Svetoslav Stoyanov and Victoria Wright of France in the first round and Kim Yong-hyun and Lee Hyo-jung of Korea in the second. In the quarterfinals, Schjoldager and Eriksen beat Nova Widianto and Vita Marissa of Indonesia 15-12, 15-8 to advance to the semifinals. There, they lost to Zhang Jun and Gao Ling of China 15-9, 15-5. In the bronze medal match, they defeated fellow Danish pair Jonas Rasmussen and Rikke Olsen 15-5, 15-5 to win the bronze medal.
Record against selected opponents
Mixed doubles results with Jens Eriksen against Super Series finalists, worls Semi-finalists, and Olympic quarterfinalists:
- Chen Qiqiu & Zhao Tingting 4-1
- Zhang Jun & Gao Ling 1-9
- Xie Zhongbo & Zhang Yawen 1-2
- Thomas Laybourn & Kamilla Rytter Juhl 0-2
- Simon Archer & Joanne Goode 1-1
- Nathan Robertson & Gail Emms 2-1
- Nova Widianto & Lilyana Natsir 1-0
- Kim Dong-moon & Ra Kyung-min 0-3
- Robert Mateusiak & Nadiezda Zieba 1-0
- Sudket Prapakamol & Saralee Thoungthongkam 0-3
- Mette Schjoldager at BWF.tournamentsoftware.com
- "Mette Schjoldager". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- Head to Head
|This biographical article relating to Danish badminton is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Danish Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|