Million Yen Women
This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. In particular, Machine translated?. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Million Yen Women|
Cover of the first manga volume
(Hyaku Man En No Onna-tachi)
|Genre||Mystery, romantic comedy|
|Written by||Shunju Aono|
|Magazine||Big Comic Spirits|
|Original run||November 16, 2015 – September 5, 2016|
|Directed by||Michihito Fujii|
|Written by||Yoshitatsu Yamada|
|Original run|| April 7, 2017 (Netflix)|
April 13, 2017 (TV Tokyo) – June 30, 2017 (TV Tokyo)
Million Yen Women (100万円の女たち 100 Manen no Onna-tachi) is a Japanese seinen mystery and romantic comedy manga by Shunju Aono, which began in Big Comic Spirits in 2015. The series was adapted into a live-action TV drama in 2017 by Netflix and TV Tokyo co-production starring Yojiro Noda, lead vocalist of RADWIMPS.
Shin Michima is an unpopular novelist. He has lived with 5 mysterious women in the same house for half a year. Minami Shirakawa loves coffee. Hitomi Tsukamoto loves black tea, yoga and reading good books. Yuki Kobayashi is a polite woman and loves roasted green tea. Midori Suzumura is a high school student and loves acerola juice. Nanaka Seki loves drinking milk.
These 5 women pay Shin a million yen every month for rent and living expenses, about 30x higher than normal. They have roles in the house and questions about the women are banned.
- Shin Michima - 31 years old. Shin is a novelist struggling to produce a bestseller, often criticised by his literary rivals and the women in the household about his lack of good quality writing. His father is condemned on death row following the murder of three victims including Shin's mother, her lover, and a policeman who had arrived at the scene after they were killed. Shin receives daily accusatory messages on the fax machine from an anonymous sender.
- Minami Shirakawa - 30 years old. A nudist at home who has a mysterious demeanour and occasionally violent tendencies. President of the ultra-luxury Call Girl Club. Minami refers to Shin as "Novel".
- Hitomi Tsukamoto - 26 years old. Merry. Tea school. Usually does yoga every day. Hitomi is the daughter of influential novelist, Hibiki Ogie, who had passed away 11 years ago. She appears to be infatuated by Shin, often becoming frustrated when he does not pick up on her subtle hints.
- Yuki Kobayashi - 24 years old. Silent. Basically stays in her room. Married to a wealthy elderly man for whom she was previously a maid.
- Midori Suzumura - 17 years old high school girl. Wakes up first in the household. Midori was raised in an orphanage since her relinquishment by her parents at the age of three. As she got older, Midori took on part-time work to save for her independence from the orphanage and its unconventional rules. She had bought a lottery ticket and won one billion Yen prior to moving into the house.
- Nanaka Seki - 20 years old. Very clumsy and loves drinking milk. As a famous actress, Nanaka began her career as a child.
|No.||Japan release date||Japan ISBN|
|1||March 30, 2016||ISBN 978-4-09-187507-5|
|2||June 30, 2016||ISBN 978-4-09-187645-4|
|3||September 30, 2016||ISBN 978-4-09-187785-7|
|4||November 30, 2016||ISBN 978-4-09-189229-4|
The live-action drama stars Yojiro Noda, who is the lead vocalist of the rock band RADWIMPS, in his first television show. Five beautiful but mysterious women move in with unsuccessful novelist Shin, who manages their odd household in exchange for a tidy monthly sum. The theme song is "漂う感情" (Drifting Emotions) by Kotringo. The series aired on TV Tokyo and Netflix Japan from April to June 2017 and became available on Netflix US on August 15, 2017.
- Yojiro Noda as Shin Michima
- Rila Fukushima as Minami Shirakawa
- Rena Matsui as Hitomi Tsukamoto
- Miwako Wagatsuma as Yuki Kobayashi
- Rena Takeda as Midori Suzumura
- Yuko Araki as Nanaka Seki
- "青野春秋が描くミステリアスなシェアハウス、100万円でつながる女5人と男1人 - コミックナタリー". Natalie (in Japanese). Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- 1,000,000 yen no Onnatachi (TV Mini-Series 2017), retrieved 2017-08-17
- "本の詳細検索". Hanmoto. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Inc., Natasha,. "青野春秋「100万円の女たち」ドラマ化！RADWIMPSの野田洋次郎主演 - コミックナタリー" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "「RADWIMPS」野田洋次郎初主演ドラマ「100万円の女たち」主題歌はコトリンゴ！ : 映画ニュース - 映画.com". 映画.com (in Japanese). Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "Is Million Yen Women (2017) on Netflix USA? | WhatsNewOnNetflix.com". whatsnewonnetflix.com. Retrieved 2017-08-17.