Minnesota Junction, Wisconsin
|Minnesota Junction, Wisconsin|
Looking south in Minnesota Junction on WIS 26
|Elevation||925 ft (282 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1569566|
Minnesota Junction is an unincorporated community located, in the town of Oak Grove, in Dodge County, Wisconsin, United States. Minnesota Junction is located on Wisconsin Highway 26. It is located at latitude 43.452 and longitude -88.697 at 925 feet above mean sea level.
Minnesota Junction was founded when the railroad was built to that point. The community was so named from the expectation the new railroad line would eventually extend from Minnesota Junction to the Minnesota Territory. A post office was established in Minnesota Junction in 1861, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1940.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Minnesota Junction, Wisconsin
- "Minnesota Junction Maps, Facts & Features". Wisconsin Hometown Locator. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "Location for Minnesota Junction, Wisconsin". Google Maps. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 103.
- "Dodge County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
|This article about a location in Dodge County, Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|