|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||SET: MINT|
|Industry||Hospitality industry, Agro and Food Industry|
|Founded||September 1, 1978Thailand)(|
|Founder||William E. Heinecke|
|Headquarters||Phra Khanong, Bangkok|
Number of locations
|1,257 restaurants, 9,821 hotel rooms|
|Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa|
|William E. Heinecke
(Chairman & CEO)
|Revenue||฿ 48.15 billion (2015)|
|Profit||฿ 7.04 billion (2015)|
|Total assets||฿ 95.73 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
Minor International (MINT) is one of the largest hospitality and leisure company in the Asia Pacific Region, operating over 140 hotels and resorts, 1,800 restaurants, and 307 retail trading outlets in Thailand and in 32 markets from Africa to Australia, including South America and Europe. Based in Bangkok, Thailand, it operates hotels under the Anantara, AVANI, PER AQUUM, Oaks, Tivoli, Elewana Collection, Four Seasons, St. Regis, JW Marriott, Marriott, and Radisson Blu brands, owns The Pizza Company, Thai Express, and Riverside Restaurant franchises, and operates restaurants under the Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, and The Coffee Club brands in Thailand and other countries.
Minor International was founded in 1978 as Royal Garden Resorts (RGR) with initial capital of three million baht. The company was listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) on 14 August 1988 In late 2004, the company completed the acquisition of 100 percent of the Minor Food Group and followed this in January 2005 with its de-listing from the Stock Exchange of Thailand..
In 2006, Anantara entered Dubai at The Palm Jumeriah  In 2008, William Heinecke acquired 70 percent of Thai Express and 50 percent of The Coffee Club and 50 percent of Elewana Afrika for US$12 million In 2008 he opened the Desert Islands Resort and Spa (Anantara) on Sir Bani Yas Island in Abu Dhabi
On 12 June 2009, the company completed a business restructuring plan with Minor Corporation (MINOR). As a result, the company has directly and indirectly owned 99.92 percent of Minor's equity interest. On 22 June 2009, Minor was delisted from the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
In July 2011, MINT completed a compulsory acquisition and purchased most of the shares of Oaks Hotels and Resorts Limited, a listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange and doing Management Letting Right (MLR) business in Australia, New Zealand, and Dubai with a portfolio of 36 serviced suites under the "Oaks" brand.
MINT operates three main businesses:
- Hotels and mixed use
- Retail trading and contract manufacturing
Hotels and mixed use
MINT has 126 hotels and serviced suites with over 16,500 rooms in its portfolio. The hotel business can be divided into four categories:
- Owned hotels. MINT operates 27 wholly owned hotels.
- Joint venture hotels. Mint has partnerships in 25 hotels.
- Managed hotels. MINT manages 27 hotels.
- Management of serviced suites. MINT manages 47 properties in Australia, New Zealand, and Dubai.
Hotel-related businesses include:
- Spa business: MINT operates over 55 spas in leading hotels in 15 countries under the brands Anantara Spa, Mandara Spa, Elemis and Aequalis.
- Plaza and entertainment business: MINT owns and operates three shopping plazas adjacent to its hotels. MINT also runs eight entertainment outlets at its Royal Garden Plaza in Pattaya.
- Residential property development business: MINT has two residential development projects, in Bangkok and Ko Samui.
Through its subsidiary, Minor Food Group PCL, MINT has one of the largest quick service restaurant operations in Asia, with over 1,700 restaurant outlets in Thailand, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
MINT operates its retail trading and contract manufacturing business through Minor Corporation PCL, the group's consumer lifestyle company. Minor Corporation is a distributor of international lifestyle consumer brands in Thailand, focusing primarily on fashion, cosmetics, and household products through retail, wholesale, and direct marketing channels.
- MD&A 2011, p. 3,5.
- "MINT: MINOR INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED". The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Form 56-1 2011, p. 101.
- "MINT's Businesses". MINOR International. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Stock Exchange of Thailand. "Minor International Company Profile". Archived from the original on 2010-06-04. Retrieved 3 Jun 2010.
- Minor International. "Minor International History". Archived from the original on July 6, 2010. Retrieved 3 Jun 2010.
- "RGR Increases Stake in Rajadamri Hotel to 57%". Royal Garden Resorts PCL. 15 Nov 2010. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008. Retrieved 5 Aug 2010.
- MenaReport Archived January 1, 1970, at the Wayback Machine.
- itp.net[dead link]
- eTravelBlackBoard Archived July 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- DaijiWorld Archived July 8, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "MINT to Acquire Minor Corporation through the Implementation of Business Restructuring Plan" (PDF). Minor International PCL. 9 Mar 2009. Retrieved 5 Aug 2010.
- "Successful Tender Offer of MINOR shares" (PDF). Minor International PCL. 15 Jun 2009. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- Minor International (8 Sep 2011). "Tender Offer to Purchase Securities of S&P (Form 247-4)" (PDF). Retrieved 8 Sep 2011.
- "Hotel Business". MINOR International. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Restaurants". MINOR International. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Retail Trading". MINOR International. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- MINT website
- Minor Food Group website
- Minor International (21 February 2012). Management Discussion and Analysis 2011 (PDF). Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Minor International (21 February 2012). Balance Sheets 2011 (PDF). Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Minor International (12 March 2012). 2011 Annual Report (PDF). Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Minor International (2 April 2012). แบบแสดงรายการข้อมูลประจำปี สิ้นสุดวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2554 บริษัท ไมเนอร์ อินเตอร์เนชั่นแนล จำกัด (มหาชน) [Form 56-1 As of 31 December 2011 Minor International Pcl] (PDF) (in Thai). Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Minor Food Group (1 April 2004). แบบแสดงรายการข้อมูลประจำปี สิ้นสุดวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2546 บริษัท เดอะ ไมเนอร์ ฟู้ด กรุ๊ป จำกัด (มหาชน) [Form 56-1 As of 31 December 2003 Minor Food Group Pcl] (in Thai). Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Minor Corporation (29 March 2001). แบบแสดงรายการข้อมูลประจำปี สิ้นสุดวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2543 บริษัท ไมเนอร์ คอร์ปอเรชั่น จำกัด (มหาชน) [Form 56-1 As of 31 December 2000 Minor Corporation Pcl] (in Thai). Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Stock Exchange of Thailand (18 June 2012). Delisted Securities Statistics As of 18 Jun 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2012.