A mob enforcer is a member or associate of an organized crime or corrupt political organization that is responsible for handling those who do not go along with organization policies, rules and deals. It often involves threats and/or actions of violence, beatings or murder.
- James Boyd, was an enforcer for Irish Mob boss Enoch “Nucky” Johnson and his organization.
- Al Capone, was Johnny Torrio’s top enforcer before becoming his second-in-command.
- Most members of Murder, Inc. were the enforcers for the National Crime Syndicate.
- Albert Anastasia, was an enforcer for Murder, Inc. and the Mangano crime family before becoming boss.
- Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel, was both an enforcer for The Bugs and Meyer Mob and its co-leader. He was later called on as enforcer for the American Mafia; both before and during the formation of Murder, Inc.
- The Genna brothers, were considered enforcers for the Southside Gang in Chicago.
- Vincent “Mad Dog” Coll, was a hitman and enforcer for Newark mob boss Dutch Schultz.
- Whitey Bulger was an enforcer for Boston's Irish Mob before taking over as boss.
|This crime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|