Raymund at the 2013 Imagen Awards
July 26, 1986|
St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.
|Education||Shorecrest Preparatory School|
|Alma mater||Juilliard School|
Neil Patrick Stewart
(m. 2011; div. 2014)
|Parent(s)||Sonia and Steve A. Raymund|
|Family||Edward C. Raymund (paternal grandfather)|
Monica Raymund (born July 26, 1986) is an American actress known for her roles as Maria "Ria" Torres in the Fox crime drama Lie to Me (2009–2011), Dana Lodge in the CBS legal drama The Good Wife (2011–2012) and Gabriela Dawson Casey in the NBC drama Chicago Fire (2012–2018).
Early life and education
Raymund was born in St. Petersburg, Florida to Steve Raymund, the board chairman and retired CEO of Tech Data Corp., a Clearwater-based distributor of computer components and software, and Sonia (née Lara), "a community volunteer [and the] co-founder of the Soulful Arts Dance Academy in St. Petersburg," who hails from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Her father was of German (paternal) and Eastern European Jewish (maternal) descent and attended a Reform Judaism temple. Her grandfather was businessman and philanthropist Edward C. Raymund. Raymund's younger brother, Will was a graduate of Berklee College of Music, and a sound and lighting engineer and music promoter. He died in August 2015. She was raised Jewish and celebrated a bat mitzvah. In high school, she participated in the "Broadway Theater Project in Tampa and at the North Carolina School of the Arts in Winston-Salem."
Raymund also appeared in her native St. Petersburg, Florida in the LiveArts Peninsula Foundation's original production of Manhattan Casino (directed by Bob Devin Jones) where she originated the leading role of Althea Dunbar and Webb's City: The Musical (music & lyrics by Lee Ahlin, written and directed by William Leavengood)." Raymund "is a three-year alumna of Ann Reinking's Broadway Theater Project, where she has been a featured performer."
Raymund has also "worked with playwright José Rivera on Boleros for the Disenchanted at the Huntington Theatre Company in Boston" in 2008. In April 2008, she appeared the NBC legal drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, in season 9 episode 17 titled "Authority" in the opening scene as a strip search prank call victim. From 2009 to 2011, she starred in the Fox crime drama Lie to Me, where she played Maria "Ria" Torres, a human lie detector who is a "natural", meaning she has no formal training in detecting lies or the emotions of others. She was using crutches because of a knee injury when she auditioned for this role.
Raymund is an ardent supporter of LGBT rights. In February 2014, she came out publicly as bisexual for the first time via Twitter. Before that, she had been out privately for over ten years. On September 16, 2015, Raymund announced via Twitter that she had begun dating Tari Segal.
|2008||Love? Pain||Short film|
|2012||Fifty Grades of Shay||Dialect Tape||Short film|
|2008||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Trini Martinez||"Authority" (season 9: episode 17)|
|2009–2011||Lie to Me||Maria "Ria" Torres||Main role, 48 episodes|
|2011||Blue Bloods||Luisa Sosa||"Critical Condition" (season 2: episode 3)|
|2011–2012||The Good Wife||Dana Lodge||Recurring role, 9 episodes|
|2012–2018||Chicago Fire||Gabriela Dawson||Main role|
|2013||Body of Proof||FBI Video Analysis Agent||"Disappearing Act" (season 3: episode 9)|
|2014–2018||Chicago P.D.||Gabriela Dawson||Recurring role |
Imagen Award for Best Actress in Television in 2013
|2016–2018||Chicago Med||Recurring role|
- Winchester, Donna (May 23, 2004). "Bye, high school; hello, tomorrow". St. Petersburg Times. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Deggans, Eric (January 25, 2009). "St. Petersburg native, 'Lie To Me' co-star Monica Raymund ready to put in the work". St. Petersburg Times. Archived from the original on September 11, 2011. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Park, Mary Jane (January 11, 2009). "St. Petersburg actor has role in Fox's 'Lie to Me'". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Leal, Samantha (9 October 2012). "Introducing 'Chicago Fire' Star Monica Raymund". Latina. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- Waveney Ann Moore. "Celebrating 75 years of faith, progress", St. Petersburg Times, March 7, 2004.
- Tampa Bay Times: "Will Raymund, son of former Tech Data CEO Steve Raymund, dies at age 27" August 22, 2015
- Tampa Bay Times: "St. Petersburg native, 'Lie To Me' co-star Monica Raymund ready to put in the work" By Eric Deggans January 24, 2009
- "Biography". littlemary.info. Archived from the original on January 15, 2007.
- Stephens, Janel (February 23, 2003). "Striking similarities". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Porter, Rick (September 9, 2011). "'The Good Wife': 'Lie to Me's' Monica Raymund will catch Cary's eye". Zap2It. Retrieved January 8, 2016.
- Heyman, Marshall (June 11, 2011). "Dinner, with Drama". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved July 10, 2011.
- Gilchrist, Tracy E. (September 16, 2015). "Bisexual Chicago Fire Star Monica Raymund Introduces the World to Her Girlfriend Via Twitter". SheWired. Retrieved January 8, 2016.
- Hallowell, Lucy (February 10, 2014). ""Chicago Fire" star Monica Raymund comes out as bisexual on Twitter". AfterEllen. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Monica Raymund on IMDb
- St. Petersburg native, 'Lie To Me' co-star Monica Raymund ready to put in the work St Petersburg Times, January 25, 2009 – Interview with Raymund