Murder on the Orient Express (2001 film)
|Murder on the Orient Express|
|Written by||Stephen Harrigan|
|Directed by||Carl Schenkel|
|Theme music composer||Christopher Franke|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||100 minutes|
|Distributor||Ardustry Home Entertainment LLC|
Murder on the Orient Express is a 2001 made-for-television movie, based on the 1934 novel Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie, featuring Hercule Poirot. This version is set in the present day and has a smaller cast than the novel. The original music score was composed by Christopher Franke.
Hercule Poirot is travelling on the Orient Express. While on the journey, Poirot meets a very close friend Bouc, who works for the Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits. The train is stopped when a landslide blocks the line on the second night out from Istanbul, and American millionaire Samuel Edward Ratchett is found stabbed to death the next morning.
Since no footprints are visible around the train and the doors to the other cars were locked, it seems that the murderer must still be among the passengers in Ratchett's car. Poirot and Bouc work together to solve the case. They are aided by Pierre Michel, the middle-aged French conductor of the car.
A key to the solution is Ratchett's revealed involvement in the Armstrong tragedy in the United States several years earlier, in which a baby was kidnapped and then murdered. (The fictitious Armstrong case was apparently inspired by the real-life kidnapping of Charles Lindbergh's baby boy.)
- Alfred Molina .... Hercule Poirot
- Meredith Baxter .... Mrs. Caroline Hubbard
- Leslie Caron .... Sra. Alvarado
- Amira Casar .... Helena von Strauss
- Nicolas Chagrin .... Pierre Michel
- Tasha de Vasconcelos .... Vera Rossakoff
- David Hunt .... Bob Arbuthnot
- Adam James .... William MacQueen
- Dylan Smith .... Tony Foscarelli
- Peter Strauss .... Mr. Samuel Ratchett
- Fritz Wepper .... Wolfgang Bouc
- Kai Wiesinger .... Philip von Strauss
- Natasha Wightman .... Mary Debenham
- Murder on the Orient Express is a 1974 film with Albert Finney as Poirot.
- In December 2010 the series Agatha Christie's Poirot, featuring David Suchet as Poirot, aired "Murder on the Orient Express".
- Murder on the Orient Express at the Internet Movie Database
- Murder on the Orient Express at AllMovie
|This article related to an American TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a crime thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|