Muthur during the Serampalayam Mariamman Temple Festival
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 4257|
|Vehicle registration||TN 42, TN 56|
The Muthur Town Panchayat has population of 13,212 of which 6,588 are males while 6,624 are females as per report released by Census India 2011. Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 1003 which is 7.59 % of total population of Muthur (TP). In Muthur Town Panchayat, Female Sex Ratio is of 1005 against state average of 996. Moreover Child Sex Ratio in Muthur is around 889 compared to Tamil Nadu state average of 943. Literacy rate of Muthur city is 70.61 % lower than state average of 80.09 %. In Muthur, Male literacy is around 79.78 % while female literacy rate is 61.59 %.
The town is having both government and private educational institutions for schooling. Government institutions include one boys and girls higher secondary school (MGHSS) in Muthur to Kodumudi road and one co-ed middle school near to muthur bustand which gets its students from rural areas in and around muthur town. The town is studded with three well built private schools namely KKP , Anoor and Vivekanandha matriculation higher secondary schools. There is also a CBSE school named Nava international school which comes under the Vivekanandha school. All these private schools have nice hostel facilities.
- Government Schools
- Government Higher Secondary School
- Elementary School, Muthur.
- Elementary School, Chinnamuthur.
- Matriculation Schools
- Aanoor Vidyalaya Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Vivekanandha Matriculation Hr Sec School School
- KKP Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- CBSE Schools
- Karuppannan Mariappan College for Arts & Science
Muthur is predominantly Hindu town, with lots of temples.
- Muthur soleeswarar Temple (Shiva temple near bus stand).
- Lord Selvakumara Swamy IT Is a kulatheivam of Muthan Kulam & maniyan kulam (an avatar of Lord Murugan or Skanda) and Kuppanna Swamy, both clan deities of Cheran ) are in Muthur.
- Angalamman Temple.
- Sellandi Amman Temple.
- Serampalayam Mariyamman Temple
- Varatharaja Perumal Temple
- Government Hospital, Muthur
- Sri Balaji hospital (Dr. Palanisamy)
- RajaMohan Hospital
- Malar Hospital
Muthur is part of Erode (Lok Sabha constituency).
|This Erode district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|