||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Video production, broadcasting services|
|Founded||Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States (1984 )|
|Headquarters||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Owner||Crestview Partners, Carlyle Group|
Number of employees
NEP Group, Inc. (formerly NEP Broadcasting LLC) is a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based privately owned international production company that provides outsourced teleproduction services for major events throughout the world.
Its facilities are used to produce television broadcasts of the Super Bowl, Academy Awards, Premier League, Emmy Awards, The Daily Show, UEFA Champions League, Olympic Games, NASCAR, Asian Games, WWE Wrestling, FIFA World Cup, Wimbledon and French Open, Grammy Awards, U.S. Open, British Open, The People's Court, Sesame Street, The Rolling Stones and Page Six TV.
The company was founded by Tom Shelburne in 1984 and was part of Scranton, Pennsylvania television station WNEP-TV (which in turn stood for Northeast Pennsylvania). It was spun off after The New York Times Company bought the station in 1986 from Shelburne. The company took off after it acquired the failing New Kensington, Pennsylvania-based TCS after the companies jointly produced the 1987 Pan American Games in Indianapolis, Indiana.
On 25 September 2015 NEP appointed Keith Andrews (formerly CEO and managing director of NEP Australia) as Chief Operations officer of NEP Group, Inc.
On 3 November 2015 a fire broke out at the NEP Visions location in Bracknell, UK at approximately 22:00 GMT. NEP confirmed the loss of five outside broadcast trucks. The trucks were Gemini, HD2, HD3, Observe's HD3 and the HDR2 VT truck. On 13 November 2015 NEP announced that the assets for projects up until February 2016 have been secured.
On June 24, 2016, The Carlyle Group made a significant minority investment in NEP alongside existing shareholders Crestview and NEP management. The investment provides NEP with additional capital and resources to accelerate the company's growth strategy as a diversified global outsourced services business supporting the broadcast and live events industries.
In alphabetical order
- American Hi-Definition
- Bow Tie Television
- Faber Audiovisuals
- Mediatec Asia Pacific
- Mediatec Solutions UK
- Mediatec Solutions Sweden
- Mediatec Solutions Norway
- NEP Australia
- NEP Broadcast Solutions
- NEP Finland
- NEP Germany
- NEP Host Broadcast
- NEP Ireland
- NEP Norway
- NEP Studios
- NEP Sweden
- NEP Switzerland
- NEP The Netherlands
- NEP UK
- NEP Belgium
- NEP US Mobile Units
- NEP Wales
- Screen Scene
- Silk Studios
|January 5, 2005||NMT: National Mobile Television||Outside broadcasting||USA|||
|January 9, 2008||NCP: New Century Productions||Outside broadcasting||USA|||
|March 22, 2012||Trio Video||Outside broadcasting||USA|||
|May 2, 2012||Bow Tie Television||Archive, streaming, on-demand, software||UK|||
|November 20, 2012||Corplex||Outside broadcasting||USA|||
|January 24, 2014||Global Television||Outside broadcasting, studio production, host broadcasting||AUS|||
|September 2, 2014||MIRA Mobile Television||Outside broadcasting||USA|||
|December 22, 2014||Faber Audiovisuals||Video display, audiovisual rental & operation||NLD|||
|January 31, 2015||Screen Scene Group||Outside broadcasting, post-production, VFX, audio production||IRE|||
|March 26, 2015||Mediatec Group||Outside broadcasting, studio production, video display, master control, post-production, wireless, AV integration||SWE|||
|April 30, 2015||Outside Broadcast||Outside broadcasting, studio production, ENG, post-production, audio||BEL|||
|July 10, 2015||CMI: Consolidated Media Industries||Outside broadcasting, studio production, post-production, audio production, master control, wireless, event management, VFX, ENG, streaming, live playout||NLD|||
|December 23, 2015||Mediatec Asia Pacific||Audiovisual solutions provider for event and television productions||AUS|
|June 17, 2016||Broadcast Solutions Group||Provider of outside broadcast flypacks||SGP|
|July 14, 2016||DBlux||Outside broadcasting, sound, lighting and audiovisual production||DEN|
|Jan 4, 2017||Creative Technology Ltd||NEP Group, Inc. have completed the acquisition of Creative Technology’s parent company Avesco.||UK|
|Aug 2, 2017||Bexel Global Broadcast Solutions||Outsourced Broadcast solutions and flypacks||USA|||
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA - 2 Beta Global headquarters, US mobile units, main field shop.
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA - UPARC Systems integration facility.
- Sydney, NSW, Australia Australia headquarters, studios.
- Bracknell, BRK, UK UK headquarters, field shop.
- Sint Annaparochie, FR, Netherlands Faber - Office, field shop.
- Kungälv, O, Sweden Mediatec - Scandinavian headquarters.
- Rotselaar, Belgium Outside Broadcast - Belgian headquarters, field shop.
- Hilversum, The Netherlands NEP Creative Technology
-  Outside Broadcast - Belgian Office, edit rooms, studios.
- "NEP Acquires Stock of New Century Productions". Reuters. 2008-01-08. Retrieved 2011-06-06.[dead link]
- "NEP Group Appoints President and COO, and President of Australian Business". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- LLC, NEP Broadcasting,. "The Carlyle Group Makes Significant Minority Investment in NEP Group". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "NEP Broadcasting and National Mobile Television Announce Asset". Bloomberg.
- "NEP acquires NCP; Werteen promoted to SVP and GM as NCP operates independently : Sports Video Group". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "NEP Acquires Trio Video". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "NEP acquires UK-based Bow Tie TV Limited : SVG Europe". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "NEP To Buy Corplex, Retain Engineering and Support Staff : Sports Video Group". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "NEP Finalizes Acquisition of Global Television". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "NEP Closes Mira Acquisition". TV Technology. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- NEP (22 December 2014). "NEP Acquires Faber Audiovisuals". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- NEP Group Inc. (2 February 2015). "NEP Acquires The Screen Scene Group". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "NEP Group set to snap up OB company Mediatec". Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "NEP Acquires Outside Broadcast and RecordLab". TV Technology. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "NEP adds Dutch facilities firm to ever-expanding group". Retrieved December 15, 2015.