N.M.A.M. Institute of Technology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Strive for Excellence|
|Type||Private Education and Engineering Institution|
|President||N. Vinaya Hegde|
|Principal||Dr. Niranjan N. Chiplaunkar|
|Dean||Dr. I. R. Mithanthaya|
|Location||Nitte, Udupi, Karnataka, India
|Affiliations||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
Nitte Mahalinga Adyanthaya Memorial Institute of Technology is an autonomous engineering college in Nitte, Karnataka, India. It being situated in Nitte, which sits on the western ghats. Established in 1986, it initially started with the following programs - computer science, mechanical engineering, civil engineering and electrical engineering.
The College is situated in the village of Nitte in an interior area of Udupi district. It is around 57 kilometers from Mangalore. The various departments, laboratories, and hostels are spread out in a vast 100-acre (0.40 km2) campus. The college has collaborated with Penn State University, United States to offer 2+2 engineering program with Penn State Harrisburg which allows the students to study 2 years in Nitte and the remaining years at Harrisburg.
The undergraduate program offers degrees in
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
The Institute also offers master's degrees in some branches of engineering and technology. Some specialisations offered are as follow
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Networking
- M.Tech. in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
- M.Tech. in Digital Electronics and Communication
- M.Tech in Energy System Engineering
- M.Tech in Machine Design.
- M.Tech. in Construction Technology
- M.Tech.in Industrial Biotechnology(From 2014-15)
- M.Tech.in Power Electronics (From 2014-15)
- M.Tech in Micro Electronics and Control Systems-University PG Centre
- M. Tech in Structural engineering.
All departments are recognised as research centres by VTU Belgaum for M.Sc. Engg. and Doctoral research.
NMAMIT currently runs 7 undergraduate BE programs, 3 M.Tech. programs and MCA programs. It has University affiliated Research Centers in the Departments of CSE, E&C,E&E, Mechanical and MBA. Annual intake of the college (for the first year) is about 900 (UG=650; PG=250) This institute has been recognized as a Lead Institute under TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Program) of World Bank.Now, it is also a part of TEQIP-II, in the foray for receiving substantial grants. The Institute offers graduate programs in 7 branches of Engineering - Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Science & Engineering, Bio-Technology and Mechanical Engineering. The college also offers postgraduate programs like, Master of Technology, Master of Computer Applications and Master of Business Administration. Besides these, students can also pursue their doctoral programs at the Institute.
A number of clubs are active in the college.Aero Club, Grey Matter- The quizzers club, The Math club, Clicz Photography Club, Stereo Club to name a few. In addition, departments conduct their own activities inside the department.
‘AERO-CLUB', a one of its kind aviation and student activity club was formed as an initiative to familiarize young minds to aviation and encourage participation in co-curricular activities.
The Clicz Photography club, is one of the most active clubs in the history of this institution, and hold this status even today. This club was started in the year 2009.
The college boasts of more than 4000 alumni.
- Prashanth Shenoy Katpady - CTO, Co-founder at UniCourt.
- Rohit Bhat- Founder and CEO of Robosoft Technologies
- Rakshit Shetty- Kannada Movie Star
- Nischal Shetty- Founder of Justunfollow.com(crowdfire)
- Rajesh Krishnan- Vice President & Head- Samsung Memory R&D India
- Rajesh Chowta (’91E&C), President, Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering (MITE).
- Kavya Shetty- Kannada Movie Star , Miss Photogenic Femina Miss India 2011
- Karthik Kashyap IPS - SP(crime), Goa Police
- Guru Prasad Acharya - COO, Chief Product Officer, KoreFabrik, Inc.
The college also hosts 2 yearly fests that uphold the talents of the students.
- Tech Nidarshan: A 3 day national level technical festival held during the time of November.
It is an amalgamation of seven engineering branches festival which includes workshops, technical talks and 48 multidisciplinary events from “Ungoogle+” to “Fiery Birds”; from “Circuit Saga” to “Robolympics”; from the “Creative Touch” to test your creativity to “Twistease” teasing your brains; then adding to the zeal and being “Zestified ”. The Tech Nidarshan’11 had in store many attractions like the Air Show, Super bike expo, the talent exhibition-Expressions, Tech Bits- a technical gaming zone, the Y-factor, and the most appreciated concert by Stephen Devassy, member of the ensemble A.R. Rahman troupe.
- Anandotsava: A cultural fest showcasing various dance,singing and other stage events which is usually held in the March. Hundreds of students from up to 50 colleges take part in this cultural mega event, from all over the state. The events include competitions in dance, singing, face painting, M.A.D., debates, etc.
- Best College of the year award once in 2005 and next in 2007 – by VTU, Belgaum.
- National Level “Gurukul Jyothi Award” for the year 2006-07.
- Nitte, Education Trust. "NMAMIT". NMAM Institute of Technology. Retrieved 24 June 2015.