Nam Sang-mi at the 2009 Seoul International Drama Awards
May 3, 1984 |
Yeongju, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||Nam Sang-mi|
Nam Sang-mi was working in a fast food restaurant near Hanyang University in the fall of 2001 when someone posted her personal photos on the internet. Her popularity as an ulzzang led to her discovery as an actress. She made her debut in the 2003 melodrama series Love Letter, and began her acting career by taking small roles in films, TV dramas, and commercials. Her first leading role came with Sweet Spy in 2005.
Nam said regarding her role in horror film Possessed (2009), "The moment I read the script, I wanted this part badly. After such a long time away from films, it excited me, and I can show a completely different side than I've shown in dramas."
Nam Sang Mi gave birth to a baby girl on the afternoon of November 12, 2015.
|2004||Spy Girl||Nam Jin-ah|
|Too Beautiful to Lie||Jae-eun|
|2005||She's on Duty||Cha Seung-hee|
|Never to Lose||Lee Hae-ryung|
|2010||You (short film)|
|2012||The Peach Tree||Park Seung-ah|
|2014||Slow Video||Bong Soo-mi|
|2003||Love Letter||young Im Kyung-eun||MBC|
|Open Drama Man & Woman
"Spring Came to Me Like a Hooligan"
"The Truth about Wormwood and Garlic"
|Escape from Unemployment||Wang Bit-na||SBS|
"Freesias, Teddy Bears, Hot Chocolate and..."
|My Sweetheart, My Darling||Yoo In-kyung||KBS1|
|Sweet Spy||Lee Soon-ae||MBC|
|2006||Bad Family||Kim Yang-ah||SBS|
|2007||Time Between Dog and Wolf||Seo Ji-woo||MBC|
|2009||Invincible Lee Pyung Kang||Lee Pyung-kang||KBS2|
|2010||Life Is Beautiful||Boo Yeon-joo||SBS|
|2011||Lights and Shadows||Lee Jung-hye||MBC|
|2012||Drama Special "Like a Miracle"||Han Myung-joo||KBS2|
|2013||Goddess of Marriage||Song Ji-hye||SBS|
|2014||Gunman in Joseon||Jung Soo-in||KBS2|
|2003||Declaration of Freedom Saturday Big Operation
- The War of Roses
|2004||TV Scholarship Committee||SBS||guest, episode 9|
|Real Situation Saturday - X-Man||SBS|
|Yoo Jae-suk and Kim Won-hee's Come to Play||MBC||guest, episode 5|
|Kim Yong-man and Shin Dong-yup's Favorites||SBS||guest, episode 23|
|2005||Good Sunday - X-Man||SBS|
|2005||Sang Sang Plus||KBS2||guest, episode 16|
|Ya Shim Man Man||SBS||guest, episode 131|
|Yoo Jae-suk and Kim Won-hee's Come to Play||MBC||guest, episodes 40, 66|
|2006||Live TV Entertainment||SBS||MC|
|2010||Danbi||MBC||guest, episodes 7-8|
|2002||"Christmas Miracle"||Shin Seung-hun|
|2004||"She's Laughing..."||Kim Hyung-joong|
|2005||"Love Is..."||Vintage Blue|
|2006||"Difficult Words to Say"||Lee Seung-gi|
|2009||"Have a Drink"||Zia|
Awards and nominations
|2006||42nd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actress (TV)||Sweet Spy||Nominated|
|MBC Drama Awards||Best New Actress||Won|
|2007||MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress||Time Between Dog and Wolf||Won|
|2008||3rd Seoul International Drama Awards||Most Popular Actress||Won|
|SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Special Planning Drama||Gourmet||Nominated|
|2009||KBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Invincible Lee Pyung Kang||Nominated|
|2010||SBS Drama Awards||Best Supporting Actress in a Weekend/Daily Drama||Life Is Beautiful||Nominated|
|2012||MBC Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Special Project Drama||Lights and Shadows||Nominated|
|2013||SBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Weekend/Daily Drama||Goddess of Marriage||Won|
|Top 10 Stars||Won|
|2014||KBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Gunman in Joseon||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama||Won|
|Best Couple Award with Lee Joon-gi||Won|
- "Nam Sang-mi introduces her "peculiar" method of acting training". KBS Global. 7 February 2005.
- Hong, Lucia (13 October 2011). "Actress Nam Sang-mi cast as female lead in Ahn Jae-wook series". 10Asia.
- "Faith ups the fear factor". Korea JoongAng Daily. 16 July 2009.
- "Ku Hye-sun Returns to Director's Chair". The Chosun Ilbo. 19 February 2011.
- Jin, Eun-soo (22 April 2014). "Actors reunited 7 years after series". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Kim, Ji-soo (23 April 2014). "Nam to co-star with Lee Jun-gi". The Korea Times.
- Park, Yoon-jin (28 October 2014). "Nam Sang Mi, Might Be A Not So Pretty First Love". BNTNews.
- Jones, Julie (26 January 2015). "Nam Sang Mi's Wedding Was Exactly What She Wanted". KDramaStars.
- Sung, So-young (26 January 2015). "Actress Nam Sang-mi marries". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "Nam Sang-Mi, releases her wedding photo... beautiful bride of January". Innolife. 26 January 2015.
- "Actress Nam Sang-mi announces wedding plans". The Korea Times. 28 November 2014.
- Lee, Sun-young (28 November 2014). "Actress Nam to wed in January". The Korea Herald.
- Jin, Min-ji (21 May 2015). "Actress Nam Sang-mi is pregnant". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "Nam Sang Mi Gives Birth to Healthy Baby Girl". Insight. 13 November 2015.
- Lee, Cory (2 January 2014). "Lee Bo-young Grabs 1st Top Prize at the 2013 SBS Drama Awards". TenAsia.