Signal Entertainment Group
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2016)
|Traded as||KRX: 099830|
|Industry||entertainment, media, information & communication, technology|
|Founded||January 18, 1991, as Signal Information & Communication Corp.|
|Kim Jung-sang (CEO)|
|Products||music albums, films, K-pop products, technological equipment, beauty products|
|Services||production, broadcasting, distribution, partnerships|
|Subsidiaries||Better ENT (60%)|
Big Hit Entertainment 2015 -2016 (100%)
Jungle Entertainment (100%)
NH Media (50%)
Signal Entertainment Group Corp. (Hangul: 주식회사 씨그널엔터테인먼트그룹), founded in 1991, is a South Korean company specializing in the following businesses: show business, media and entertainment content, cosmetics and information technology.
- 1 History
- 2 Mergers and acquisitions
- 3 Productions
- 4 Artists
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Founded in 1991 as Signal Information & Communication Corp. (Hangul: 주식회사 씨그널정보통신) (Signal I&C), the company was the national licensee of the now-defunct American company Motorola. In 1997, it partnered with the now-defunct Korea Telecom Freetel (a Korea Telecom (KT) company) for PCS service.
1999 was the year when Signal I&C became the official distributor of Motorola Multimedia Group Cable Services. It also partnered with KT for PCS service. Signal I&C got the ISO 9001 certification in this same year.
Then in 2003, the company signed another business partnership, this time with CommWorks Corporation (then a subsidiary of now-defunct 3Com, presently a subsidiary of UTStarcom). Later on, it partnered again with KT for ATM service.
2015 became the start of a new era for the company as it launched its present corporate name - then started to diversify into the show business, media and cosmetics industries.
- Unione I&M (Hangul: 유니원아이앤엠) was a television production company, founded in 2005. As of today, it is now a division by name of Signal.
- Better ENT (Hangul: 더좋은이엔티), formerly Storm S Company (Hangul: 스톰에스컴퍼니), is a talent agency founded by actor Song Seung-heon in 2009.
- Big Hit Entertainment (Hangul: 빅히트 엔터테인먼트) is a recording label founded by Bang Si-hyuk in 2005. In early 2016, BigHit ended their stake relationship with Signal Entertainment Group. BigHit issued a 6 billion won convertible bond Signal Entertainment Group in 2015. After a year, Signal Entertainment Group made a full settlement of the bonds.
- Jungle Entertainment (Hangul: 정글 엔터테인먼트) is a recording label founded by Tiger JK in 2006.
- Skinanniversary Co. Ltd. (Hangul: 주식회사 스킨애니버셔리) is a skin care company and the operator of the Skinanniversary Beauty Town in Paju, Gyeonggi Province. It was founded in 2007.
- S Box Media Company (Hangul: 에스박스미디어컴퍼니) is a television production company and talent agency, founded in 2012.
- L&Holdings (Hangul: 엘앤홀딩스) is a holding company of four talent agencies: Great Company (Hangul: 크다컴퍼니), L&Company (Hangul: 엘앤컴퍼니), Star Camp 202 (Hangul: 스타캠프202) and JR ENT (Hangul: 제이알이엔티).
- NH Media (Hangul: 앤에이취미디어) is a recording label founded by Kim Nam-hee in 1998.
Variety, reality and talk
- The Body Show (OnStyle, 2015-present)
- I Can See Your Voice (Mnet, 2015-present)
- Please Take Care of My Refrigerator (JTBC, 2014-present)
- Produce 101 (Mnet, 2016)
- The Secret Readers Club (O tvN/tvN, 2015-present)
- Superstar K (Mnet, 2016-present)
|The Ace||SBS TV|
|2017||Innocent Defendant||SBS TV||co-produced with The Story Works|
|Stranger||tvN||co-produced with IOK Media|
developed by Studio Dragon
|Girls' Generation 1979||KBS 2TV||co-produced with FNC Add Culture|
|Han Yeo-reum's Memory||JTBC||TV movie|
co-produced with AM Studio
|2018||Life||co-produced with AM Studio|
|Bad Papa*||MBC TV||co-produced with Hoga Entertainment|
* produced under subsidiary Signal Pictures
+ produced under subsidiary L&Holdings
Big Hit Entertainment
- Cho Yeo-jeong
- Kim Min-jung
- Kang Sung-yeon
- Go Na-eun
- Jung Seong-woo
- Song Ok-sook
- Shim Yi-young
- Uhm Hyun-kyung
- Yang Jung-a
Star Camp 202
S Box Media Company
- Lee Sang-hoon
- "Signal Entertainment Group History (1)".[permanent dead link]
- "Signal Entertainment". www.signal-ent.com.
- News Wire: 씨그널정보통신, 방송 프로그램 제작업계의 강자 유니원아이앤엠 인수 (Signal I&C acquires broadcast producer Unione I&M)
- eToday: 씨그널정보통신, 송승헌 소속사 '더좋은이엔티' 인수…"글로벌 엔터그룹 행보 본격" (Signal I&C buys Song Seung-heon's agency Better ENT, plans on "becoming a global entertainment group")
- eDaily: 씨그널엔터테인먼트그룹 "빅히트엔터 CB 60억 인수" (Signal Entertainment Group acquires Big Hit Ent for 60 billion "through CB")
- "thebell Free". m.thebell.co.kr. Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- Asia Economic Daily: 씨그널엔터, 음반기획사 정글엔터 100% 지분 인수 (Signal Entertainment acquires 100% of music agency Jungle Entertainment)
- Asia Economic Daily: 씨그널정보통신, 화장품 제조업체 '스킨애니버셔리' 지분 50% 인수 (Signal I&C acquires 50% of skin care company Skinanniversary)
- Asia Economic Daily: 씨그널정보통신, 김현주 소속사 '에스박스미디어' 인수 (Signal I&C acquires Kim Hyun-joo's agency S Box Media)
- 10Asia: 씨그널엔터, 엘앤홀딩스 인수합병 “국내 최대 배우 라인업” (Signal Entertainment acquires L&Holdings, "a home for many actors")
- Asia Economic Daily: 씨그널엔터테인먼트, 임창정 소속사 NH EMG 지분 인수 (Signal Entertainment acquires Lim Chang-jung's label NH EMG)
- Newsis: 씨그널엔터, 20억 규모 '수퍼스타 K8 방송프로' 제작 계약 外 (Signal Entertainment agrees offer to produce 20-billion "Superstar K 2016")