Launched on 2 March 2011, the group was supportive of Berlusconi IV Cabinet. The group's president was Pasquale Viespoli, formerly leader of Future and Freedom in the Senate, and its counterpart in the Chamber of Deputies was People and Territory. Most of its members were elected in Southern Italy.
The group included:
- former members of Future and Freedom (Future and Freedom, FLI)
- Force of the South (Forza del Sud, FdS)
- The Populars of Italy Tomorrow (I Popolari di Italia Domani, PID)
- I the South (Io Sud, IS)
- 3 senators of The People of Freedom (PdL) who joined the group for technical reasons:
- 2 independent senators:
- PdL senator Franco Cardiello was member of the group from 2 March 2011 to 27 July 2011. Senator Elio Massimo Palmizio went temporarily back to PdL from 27 July 2011 to 2 February 2012.