National Park School District
|National Park School District|
|516 Lakehurst Avenue
National Park, NJ 08063
|Business administrator||Donna Contrevo|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||260 (as of 2011-12)|
|District Factor Group||B|
The National Park School District is a community public school district that serves students in pre-Kindergarten through sixth grade from National Park, in Gloucester County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "B", the second lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For seventh through twelfth grade, public school students attend Gateway Regional High School, a regional public high school serving students from the boroughs of National Park, Wenonah, Westville and Woodbury Heights, as part of the Gateway Regional High School District. As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 961 students and 81.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.9:1.
National Park Elementary School served 260 students as of the 2011-12 school year.
- Carla Bittner, Principal
- Shannon Whalen, Superintendent
- Donna Contrevo, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for National Park School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 8, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2014.
- Gateway Regional High School District 2015 School Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 8, 2016. "Gateway Regional High School is a one school district located in Woodbury Heights, NJ. It serves students in grades 7-12 from the municipalities of National Park, Wenonah, Westville, and Woodbury Heights."
- Shryock, Bob. "Plans are in the works for Gateway's 50th anniversary", Gloucester County Times, March 22, 2012. Accessed June 8, 2016. "The 50-year milestone is based on Gateway opening in the fall of 2014 when four sending districts (Woodbury Heights, Westville, National Park and Wenonah) split from Woodbury and sent seventh, eighth and ninth graders to the new school on Egg Harbor Road in Woodbury Heights."
- School data for Gateway Regional High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Data for National Park Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 8, 2014.
- Faculty List, National Park School District. Accessed March 23, 2015.
- New Jersey School Directory for Gloucester County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 23, 2015.
- National Park School District
- National Park School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for National Park School District, National Center for Education Statistics