National Register of Historic Places listings in Yellowstone National Park
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Yellowstone National Park.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming and Montana, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the park, five of which are National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Fort Yellowstone||July 31, 2003
|Mammoth Hot Springs and Norris, Wyoming; Gardiner, Montana, near Buffalo Lake, Idaho||Mammoth Hot Springs||Built to accommodate the Army administration of Yellowstone before the creation of the National Park Service. National Historic Landmark.|
|2||Grand Loop Road Historic District||December 23, 2003
|Grand Loop Rd.||Yellowstone National Park||The primary road network of the park|
|3||Lake Fish Hatchery Historic District||December 7, 1982
|Yellowstone National Park||Canyon Village||Former Fish and Wildlife hatchery|
|4||Lake Hotel||May 16, 1991
|Northwestern shore of Lake Yellowstone||Yellowstone National Park||Grand hotel on the shores of Yellowstone Lake|
|5||Madison Museum||July 9, 1982
|Yellowstone National Park||Madison Junction||One of a series of "trailside museums", part of National Historic Landmark group|
|6||Mammoth Hot Springs Historic District||March 20, 2002
|North Entrance Rd. and Mammoth-Norris Rd.||Yellowstone National Park||National Park Service facilities built between Mammoth Hot Springs and Fort Yellowstone|
|7||Norris Museum/Norris Comfort Station||July 21, 1983
|Grand Loop Rd.||Yellowstone National Park||One of a series of "trailside museums", part of National Historic Landmark group|
|8||Norris, Madison, and Fishing Bridge Museums||May 28, 1987
|Norris Geyser Basin, Madison Junction, and Fishing Bridge||Yellowstone National Park||Three separate "trailside museums," each previously listed on the NRHP, collectively listed as a National Historic Landmark|
|9||North Entrance Road Historic District||May 22, 2002
|Yellowstone National Park||Yellowstone National Park||The road from Mammoth Hot Springs, Wyoming to Gardiner, Montana at the north entrance to the park|
|10||Northeast Entrance Station||May 28, 1987
|Yellowstone National Park||Yellowstone National Park||The park entrance at the Beartooth Highway. National Historic Landmark.|
|11||Obsidian Cliff||June 19, 1996
|Approximately 13 miles south of Mammoth; eastern side of U.S. Route 89, south of Obsidian Cliff Kiosk||Mammoth||Source of arrow points for prehistoric Native Americans. National Historic Landmark.|
|12||Obsidian Cliff Kiosk||July 9, 1982
|Yellowstone National Park||Mammoth||Rustic interpretive display|
|13||Old Faithful Historic District||December 7, 1982
|Both sides of Grand Loop Rd. at Old Faithful Geyser||Yellowstone National Park||Encompasses the Old Faithful Inn and surrounding historic structures|
|14||Old Faithful Inn||July 23, 1973
|West of West Thumb at Old Faithful Geyser on Grand Loop Rd.||West Thumb||Iconic log hotel. National Historic Landmark.|
|15||Queen's Laundry Bath House||July 25, 2001
|Sentinel Meadows, Lower Geyser Basin||Yellowstone National Park||Ruins of a bathing facility at a hot spring|
|16||Roosevelt Lodge Historic District||April 4, 1983
|Grand Loop Rd.||Yellowstone National Park||Historic lodge and cabins in the northern portion of the park|
|17||US Post Office-Yellowstone Main||May 19, 1987
|Mammoth, off Grand Loop Rd.||Yellowstone National Park||Post office facility at Fort Yellowstone, part of a series of post offices from the 1920s in Wyoming|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Teton County, Wyoming
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Park County, Wyoming
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Park County, Montana
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Wyoming
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Wyoming
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Montana
- Culpin, Mary Shivers. National Register of Historic Places Multiple Property Documentation Form: Historic Resources of Yellowstone National Park. National Park Service 1995 https://npgallery.nps.gov/NRHP/GetAsset/NRHP/64500741_text
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 12, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Yellowstone National Park.|