This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Discipline||astronomy, astrophysics and planetary science|
|Edited by||May Chiao|
|2016 to present|
Nature Publishing Group (United Kingdom)
Nature Astronomy is an online, peer reviewed, scientific journal published by the Nature Publishing Group, owned by Springer Nature. It was first published in January 2017 (volume 1, issue 1), although the first content appeared online in December 2016. The Chief Editor is May Chiao, who is a full-time professional editor employed by this journal. The founding editors of this journal, in addition to May Chiao, were Paul Woods, Luca Maltagliati and Marios Karouzos.
Publishing formats include Editorials, Letters, Articles, Reviews, Perspectives, News and Views, Research Highlights, Commentaries, Mission Control, Books and Arts reviews, and Correspondence.
Nature Astronomy publishes research in astronomy, astrophysics, planetary science and cosmology. Subject areas covered by the journal include observational astronomy, theoretical astrophysics, astronomical instrumentation, exoplanets, solar physics, stellar physics, interstellar medium, extragalactic astronomy, high-energy astronomy, astrochemistry and astronomical big data.
Abstracting and indexing
Nature Astronomy is indexed in the following databases:
- "Announcing five new Nature titles: Nature Astronomy, Nature Biomedical Engineering, Nature Ecology & Evolution, Nature Human Behaviour and Nature Reviews Chemistry - Group - Springer Nature - A new force in research publishing". www.springernature.com.
- "A new astronomy publication: Nature Astronomy | British Astronomical Association". britastro.org.
- "About the Editors - Nature Astronomy". www.nature.com.
- www.clarivate.com https://apps.clarivate.com/jif/home/?journal=NAT%20ASTRON&editions=SCIE&year=2018. Missing or empty
- "Content Types - Nature Astronomy". www.nature.com.
- "Phys.org - News and Articles on Science and Technology". phys.org.
- "Aims & Scope - Nature Astronomy". www.nature.com.
- Analytics, Clarivate. "Journal Search - Clarivate Analytics". mjl.clarivate.com.
- "NASA/ADS Search (Beta Interface)". ui.adsabs.harvard.edu.
- https://www.researchgate.net/journal/2397-3366_Nature_Astronomy. Missing or empty