Royal Bahrain Naval Force
|Royal Bahrain Naval Force
سلاح البحرية الملكية البحرينية
|Active||? - Present|
|Size||1770 (Navy and Coastguard)|
|Part of||Ministry of Defense
Bahrain Defense Force
|Engagements||Invasion of Kuwait
|Commander of Navy||Yusuf al-Maluallah|
The Royal Bahrain Naval Force (RBNF) (previously known as Bahrain Defense Force, Naval Branch), is the maritime branch of the Bahrain Defense Force. The Commander of the Navy is Lieutenant Commander Yusuf al-Maluallah. The navy consists of 7 combat vessels, 31 patrol craft, 10 landing ships and over 700 personnel. The Fleet is based at Mina Sulman Naval Base and has a flight wing which can operate off the corvettes, consisting of two MBB BO-105 helicopters. The flagship of the RBNF is the vessel RBNS Sabha, an American-built missile frigate given to the state as a gift in 1996.
|Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate (RBNS Sabha)||1||United States||1981 - Present||4 Harpoon SSMs, 1 MBB BO-105 shipboard helicopter, and SM-1MR SAMs.|
|Al-Manama class Lürssen FPB 62 Guided-Missile Patrol Combatants||2||Germany||1988 - Present||4 MM40 Exocets.|
|Ahmed Al Fateh class Lürssen TNC 45 Guided-Missile Patrol Craft||4||Germany||1984 - Present|||
|Al Riffa class Lürssen FPB 38 Patrol Craft||2||Germany||1982 - Present|||
|Al Jarim Swiftships 65 Patrol Boat||2||United States||1982 - Present|||
|Mark V Special Operations Craft||2||United States||?||5 more on order|
|BMT Group 18m patrol boat||6||UK||2013 - Present||Built in Turkey, option for 6 more|
|VT Group VT-Halmatic 20||4||Qatar|
|VT Group VT-Halmatic 160||6||Qatar|
|Fairey Marine Swordsman||4||United Kingdom|
|42-metre steel landing craft||4||United Arab Emirates|
|Fairey Marine LCU||1||United Kingdom|
|Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard Company Landing craft||1||Bahrain||2016||34.5m in overall length,1 more could be ordered|
Sep. 8, 2017 - The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Bahrain for two 35 Meter Fast Patrol Boats. The estimated cost is $60.25 million.
- Mina Salman Naval Base is a facility currently shared with the United States Navy and is used as a ship and submarine logistic support base for the entire US Fifth Fleet. It was opened in the 1980s as cargo facility and is now solely used as a naval port.
- Manama Naval Base is another key US Navy installation and formerly home to HMS Juffair. It is not used by RBNF.
- RBNF also operates a shipyard that is shared with several other neighbouring countries.
- Wertheim, Eric (2007). The Naval Institute guide to combat fleets of the world : their ships, aircraft, and systems (15th ed.). Annapolis, Md.: Naval Institute Press. pp. 37–38. ISBN 9781591149552.
- The Naval Balance of Power: The Persian Gulf
- "Bahrain". Armed Forces Overviews. Scramble. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mina Sulman Naval Base.|
- Haze Gray Bahrain Navy
- INSS Bahrain Navy
- 掲示板 インターネット日韓文化交流 - KJCLUB - KJLAND: Photos of surface vessels of the RBNF (in Japanese)
|This Bahrain-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This naval article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|