|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|Elevation||3,220 ft (980 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Nebbi is located in the West Nile sub-region and is approximately 77 kilometres (48 mi), by road, southeast of Arua, the largest town in the sub-region. This is approximately 170 kilometres (110 mi), by road, southwest of Gulu, the largest city in the Northern Region. The coordinates of the town are 2°28'45.0"N, 31°05'24.0"E (Latitude:2.479167; Longitude:31.0900).
The 2002 national population census put the population of Nebbi at about 22,740. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 28,000. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 28,800. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 34,975.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie in the town or near the town limits:
- offices of Nebbi Town Council
- Nebbi central market
- Nebbi Hospital, a 200-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Nebbi Airport, one of the 47 airports in Uganda
- Nyacara Church, a place of worship affiliated with the Church of Uganda
- headquarters of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Nebbi
- Nebbi Catholic Cathedral
- UBOS (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Arua And Nebbi With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Gulu And Nebbi With Distance Marker". Google.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Google (3 July 2015). "Location of Nebbi at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Population of Nebbi In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 3 June 2014.