Necula in 1994
|Full name||Răducanu Necula|
|Date of birth||10 May 1946|
|Place of birth||Vlădeni, Ialomiţa, Romania|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|1958–1959||Victoria MIBC Bucureşti|
|1959–1965||Flacăra Roşie Bucureşti|
|1980||FC Baia Mare||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Răducanu Necula (born 10 May 1946), widely known as Rică Răducanu, is a retired Romanian football goalkeeper. He was also an occasional film actor playing in the 1978 Totul pentru fotbal (Everything for football) directed by Andrei Blaier and in the 2008 Legiunea străină (The foreign legion) directed by Mircea Daneliuc, both of them being comedy films. His son Cătălin Necula was also a footballer.
He was born in Vlădeni and debuted in Divizia A with Rapid Bucureşti in 1966. He remained with Rapid for ten seasons, winning the league title in 1967 and the cup title in 1972. This Rapid team starred players like Neagu, Lupescu, Dumitru and Coe. His style of goalkeeping, although effective, was extravagant and he was the first Romanian goalkeeper to score in an official match and the first to be caught offside. After his period in Rapid he won the Romanian Cup in 1979 with Steaua Bucureşti. Finally he finished his career playing for Autobuzul and Spartac in the lower leagues. After finishing his sporting career he went into business, running grocery shops under the trade name 'Merci Rica'.
Răducanu got 61 caps for the Romanian national team between 1967 and 1978. He represented his country at the 1970 FIFA World Cup, where he became the first goalkeeper to come in as a substitute on a World Cup match, replacing Stere Adamache against Brazil. and for the participation in that tournament he was decorated by President of Romania Traian Băsescu on 25 March 2008 with the Ordinul „Meritul Sportiv” — (The Medal "The Sportive Merit") class III.
- Rapid București
- Romanian League Championship: 1966–67
- Romanian Cup: 1971–72, 1974–75
- Romanian Second League: 1974–75
- Steaua Bucureşti
- Romanian Cup: 1978–79
- Totul pentru fotbal at imdb.com
- Legiunea straina at imdb.com
- Totul despre Rică Răducanu at the Wayback Machine (archived 6 November 2009)
- Paula Herlo şi Cosmin Stan, premiaţi de VIP. Mediafax.ro (16 October 2008). Retrieved on 2017-05-09.
- Football World Cup Firsts. Topendsports.com. Retrieved on 9 May 2017.
- "DECRET privind conferirea Ordinului și Medaliei Meritul Sportiv" (PDF). Monitorul Oficial al României Nr. 241. 28 March 2008. p. 3. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Decorarea unor personalități ale fotbalului românesc". Administrația Prezidențială. 25 March 2008. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rică Răducanu.|
- Player profile at RomanianSoccer.ro
- Player profile at national-football-teams.com
- Răducanu Necula at the Internet Movie Database
|This biographical article related to a Romanian association football goalkeeper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|