New China Life Insurance
|Headquarters||NCI Tower, |
|Revenue||CN¥157.918 billion (2015)|
|CN¥8.601 billion (2015)|
|Total assets||CN¥660.560 billion (2015)|
|Total equity||CN¥57.835 billion (2015)|
|Parent||State Council of China|
|Footnotes / references|
in a consolidated basis
|New China Life Insurance Co., Ltd.|
|New China Insurance Group|
New China Life Insurance Co., Ltd. also known as New China Insurance (NCI) or Xinhua Baoxian Jituan (Chinese: 新华保险集团) is a Chinese life insurance company based in Beijing. Chinese government owned more than half of the shares of the company via sovereign fund Central Huijin, via state-owned enterprise Baosteel Group and a financial service company China Securities Finance.
The company invested the premium received to several publicly traded company of China, notably Hikvision (0.51% stake in 2015), Industrial Bank (0.21% stake in 2015) and Tianqi Lithium (5.20% stake in 2015).
- Top 10 shareholders
- As of 31 December 2015
- State Council of the People's Republic of China (47.36%, as A shares)
- Swiss Re (4.90%, as H shares)
- Fosun International (3.28%, as H shares)
- China Securities Finance (2.70%, as A shares)
- BlackRock (1.92%, as H shares)
- Beijing Taiji Huaqing Information System (0.71%, as A shares)
- Tibet Shannan Xinshang Investment Management (0.36%, as A shares)
- HFT Investment Management – Agricultural Bank of China – Huaneng Guicheng Trust: No.3 Assembled Funds Trust Plan of HFT Securities Investment (0.24%, as A shares)
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China: Harvest New Opportunity Flexible Allocation Mixed Launched Securities Investment Fund (0.23%, as A shares)
- Note: As all the H shares were held by a proxy: HKSCC Nominees Limited, as well the threshold to disclose the share holding was 5% (of total H shares capital), the list may incomplete.
- "2015 Annual Report" (PDF). New China Life Insurance. Hong Kong Stock Exchange. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 7 January 2017.