New Trade Union Initiative
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (November 2016)|
New Trade Union Initiative is a trade union centre in India founded in 2002. NTUI proclaims itself as independent from political parties. Its core constituent is the National Centre for Labour, a trade union of informal sector workers. The founding conference of NTUI was held in 2006. Y.V. Chavan was elected president of NTUI, Ashim Roy the general secretary. At the time of the 2006 conference, NTUI had around 300 affiliated unions.
- Anheier, Helmut/Glasius, Marlies/Kaldor, Mary. Global civil society 2004/5. London: SAGE, 2005. 197
- LO-TCO Biståndsnämnd: Indien
- Menon, Nivedita/Nigam, Aditya. Power and contestation : India since 1989. London/New York City: Zed Books, 2007. p. 118
- Report of the Founding Conference of the New Trade Union Initiative
- The Hindu Business Line : Unfair to women