All India Trade Union Congress
|Full name||All India Trade Union Congress|
Lala Lajpat Rai : First President
Diwan Chaman Lall : First General Secretary
|Key people||Ramendra Kumar, National President
Gurudas Dasgupta, General Secretary
|Office location||New Delhi|
The All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC) is the oldest trade union federations in India.It is not affiliated to any political party including the Communist Party of India. and it is the third largest. According to provisionals statistics from the Ministry of Labour, AITUC had a membership of 2,677,979 in 2002.
It was founded on 31 October 1920 in Bombay by Lala Lajpat Rai, Joseph Baptista, N. M. Joshi, Diwan Chaman Lall and a few others and, until 1945 when unions became organised on party lines, it was the primary trade union organisation in India. Since then, it has been associated with the Communist Party of India.
- Andhra Pradesh Auto Rickshaw Drivers and Workers Federation
- A.P. Mica Mine Workers Union
- Calcutta Hawkers' Men Union
- Federation of Chatkal Mazdoor Unions
- Nikhila Orissa Beedi Shramika Federation
- Patiala Aviation Club Workers Union
- Pondicherry Textile Labour Union
- Powerloom Workers Union
- Punjab Breweries Workers Union
- Vegetable Market Workers Union
- Visakha Steel Workers Union
- ICTUR et al.,, ed. (2005). Trade Unions of the World (6th ed.). London, UK: John Harper Publishing. ISBN 0-9543811-5-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to All India Trade Union Congress.|
|This article related to an Indian trade union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|