Newman/Haas IndyCar featuring Nigel Mansell
|Newman/Haas IndyCar featuring Nigel Mansell|
North American cover art (Super NES version)
Sega Mega Drive/Genesis
Multiplayer (up to two players)
Newman/Haas IndyCar featuring Nigel Mansell, known in Japan as Nigel Mansell Indy Car (ナイジェルマンセル・インディカー) and in South America as Newman/Haas IndyCar Estrelando Nigel Mansell, is an IndyCar racing video game developed by Gremlin Interactive and published by Acclaim, which was released in 1994 for the Super NES and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.
GamePro gave the Genesis version a mixed review. They criticized the lack of a change view feature (which had by that time become standard for racing games) and the absence of graphical detail, but praised the split-screen multiplayer, highly responsive controls, and the choice of an intense, simplistic arcade mode and a simulation mode which demands careful, thoughtful decision-making from the player. They assessed the Super NES version to be not as good due to the less dramatic visuals and less realistic engine sounds.
- "Super NES soundtrack information". SNES Music. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Release Information for SNES". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Release information for Sega Genesis". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Japanese-English translation of title". SuperFamicom.org. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Super Famicom Japanese title" (in Japanese). SuperFamicom.jp. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Mansell Wins Again on Genesis!". GamePro (67). IDG. February 1995. p. 113.
- "Mansell Takes Second on Super NES". GamePro (67). IDG. February 1995. p. 113.
- Nigel Mansell's Indy Car Japanese flyer at Giant Bomb
- Newman/Haas IndyCar featuring Nigel Mansell at MobyGames
|This racing game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|