Newtown, Victoria (Golden Plains Shire)
|Population||122 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||Golden Plains Shire|
The Ballarat-Skipton Rail Trail follows the former railway line from Ballarat to Skipton, crossing the Woady Yaloak River on the nearby Nimmons Trestle Bridge, which is one of the largest timber trestle bridges in Victoria.
The former recreation reserve, Newtown Cricket and Mustering Reserve, is currently unused. The surrounding grassland is classified as a biodiversity reserve by the Ballarat Environment Network.
- Charles McGrath (1872–1934), politician
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Newtown (Golden Plains - Vic)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Newtown Postcode Australia Post
- Phoenix Auctions History. "Post Office List". Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- "Ballarat Skipton Rail Trail Notes" (PDF). Bicycle Victoria. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 July 2008. Retrieved 10 June 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Newtown Cricket and Mustering Reserve - BIRD". Archived from the original on 22 July 2008. Retrieved 10 June 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)