Its former territory is now entirely comprised in the Diocese of Huelva.
- Suffragan Bishops of Elepla/Niebla
- Vincomalos (466 - 509)
- Basilio (circa 585 - 590)
- Juan (John) (mentioned between 633 and 646)
- Servando (between 653 and 656)
- Geta (between 681 and 688)
- Pápulo (in 693)
- (anonymous) (? - 1154)
In 1969 the diocese was nominally restored as Latin Titular bishopric under the names of Elepla (also Curiate Italian) / Eleplen(sis) (Latin adjective).
It has had the following incumbents, so far of the fitting Episcopal (lowest) rank :
- Luis Almarcha Hernández (1970.04.04 – resigned 1970.12.11) on emeritate as former Bishop of León (Spain) (1944.07.10 – retired 1970.04.04), died 1974
- Ciro Alfonso Gómez Serrano (1972.07.24 – 1975.10.25) as Coadjutor Bishop of Socorro y San Gil (Colombia) (1972.07.24 – 1975.10.25), later succeeding as Bishop of Socorro y San Gil (1975.10.25 – death 1980.01.19); previously Bishop of Girardot (Colombia) (1961.04.08 – 1972.07.24)
- Pablo Ervin Schmitz Simon, Capuchin Franciscans (O.F.M. Cap.) (1984.06.22 – ...), first as Auxiliary Bishop of Bluefields (Nicaragua) (1984.06.22 – 1994.07.28), then having succeeded as Apostolic Vicar of Bluefields.
- Niebla - Sistema de Información Multiterritorial de Andalucía
- GCatholic - Elepla (titular) bishopric
|This article about a location in Andalusia, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|