|Nikitha Narayan ನಿಕಿತಾ ನಾರಾಯಣ|
19 May 1992
Karnataka, India. ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ , ಭಾರತ.
|Education||Bachelors in Management Studies B.M.S from St. Francis College, Begumpet, Hyderabad|
Nikitha Narayan is an Indian actress and model. Working as a model since the age of 10, she entered the Telugu film industry in 2011 after participating and winning beauty pageants.
Early life and family
Nikitha was born to Kannada parents on 19th of May 1992 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Her father works in the advertising and corporate communications field and her mother is a qualified interior designer, who opted to be a home maker. She has a younger sister.
She graduated in Bachelor of Management Studies from the St. Francis College, Begumpet, Hyderabad. She interned as a Business Analyst at Goldman sachs Bangalore and later got placed in the Facebook company. After her first film, she worked for Amazon.com.
She studied and grew up in Bengaluru, Mysore, Chennai, Vizag and Hyderabad, where she spent most of her time. She is a polyglot and can converse in English, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu and Tamil.
Nikitha's modeling career began at the age of 10, when she worked with noted director Rajiv Menon on a television advertisement for Annapurna Iodised salt. It was followed by ads for Fair and Lovely and other brands over the next few years. In 2009 she won the Dabur Miss Fresh Face of Hyderabad, after which she participated at the 2010 Miss South India contest, earning the second runner-up title  along with a host of sub-titles (Miss Congeniality and Miss Beautiful Skin). She next represented the Southern region alongside three other models at the Miss Queen of India 2011. She finished under the Top 5 and won the Miss Beautiful Eyes title.
Nikitha has also walked the ramp in many fashion shows and designer week, and has modeled for brands in various categories including jewelry and clothing.
In November 2011, Nikitha entered the film industry when she won the lead role in the Telugu film It's My Love Story directed by Madhura Sreedhar Reddy. The movie ran successfully for over 50 days across Andhra Pradesh and she received good reviews for her performance. The Hindu wrote that she "makes a sparkling debut"  and Rediff wrote that she "looks fresh and has the potential to grow into an actor". She was nominated in the Best Female Debutant category at the 1st South Indian International Movie Awards held in Dubai.
Later, she worked for a Telugu project titled Race under Bhavya creations banner which got released on 1 March 2013. Her next film was a bilingual project titled Made in Vizag in Telugu  and Nee Naan Mattum in Tamil. A remake of the Marathi film, Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai, it was directed by Kanmani. Her first 2015 release was Ladies & Gentlemen directed by Manjunath, in which she was seen as a homemaker. A week later, she was seen in Pesarattu, which was the first crowd funded Telugu film.
|2011||It's My Love Story||Vandana||Telugu||Also playback singer|
Nominated—SIIMA for Best Female Debutant
|2013||Made in Vizag/Nee Naan Mattum||Telugu/Tamil||Bilingual film|
|2015||Ladies & Gentlemen||Priya||Telugu||Got rave reviews;Paired opposite Adivi Sesh|
|2015||Pesarattu||Bhavana||Telugu||1st crowd funded film in Telugu;Opposite Nandu|
|2016||Madamakki||Kannada||Released in 2016 with rave reviews|
|2016||Vennello Hai Hai||Sathya||Telugu||
Huge box office and critical success
- "Nikitha Narayan | Unique Times Magazine". Uniquetimes.org. 2011-10-19. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Nikitha Narayan". Business of Tollywood. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "'I'd like to do a high-fashion film' - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2015-02-06. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Tryst with beauty". The Hindu. 2010-11-11. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "The Manappuram Miss Queen of India 2011". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- Y Sunita Chowdhary (2011-11-12). "It's My Love Story: Dialect dilemma". The Hindu. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Review: It's My Love Story is boring - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2011-11-11. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Nikitha Narayan on a roll - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- Nikhil Raghavan (2012-12-08). "Etcetera: Flair for languages". The Hindu. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Nikitha Narayan to play a modern housewife". Deccanchronicle.com. 2014-06-09. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- "Tollywood's first crowd funded film - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2015-01-11. Retrieved 2015-02-17.