The 1st South Indian International Movie Awards were presented on June 22, 2012 in Dubai, UAE, to honour the best cinematic achievements of the South Indian film industry in the year 2011. Producing films in four Dravidian languages of South India, professionals were handed over a total of 71 Awards. The ceremony was hosted by R. Madhavan and Lakshmi Manchu at the Dubai World Trade Centre, while the "Generation Next Awards Night" was hosted by Parvathy Omanakuttan and held a day before at Park Hyatt on June 21.
Nominated by a team of veteran professionals the final winners were decided by a public voting system. First jury members include producer Shyam Prasad Reddy, actress Khushboo Sundar, writer Malathi Rangarajan, actress Poornima Jayaram, actress Bharathi Vishnuvardhan, director T. S. Nagabharana, producer K. Manju and director Siddique. The most successful film was Dookudu, which fetched eight Awards in total.
Debutant & Special Awards
Generation Next Awards
- Sensational art director: Sabu Cyril
- Sensation of South Indian cinema: Dance choreographer Imran
- Sensation of South Indian cinema: Action Choreographer Peter Hein
- Stylish villain of South cinema: Sonu Sood
- Rising Female star of South Indian cinema: Amala Paul
- Rising Male star of South Indian cinema: Nani
- Stylish star of South Indian cinema: Lakshmi Rai
- Stylish actor of South Indian cinema: Silambarasan
- Pride of South Indian cinema: Shruti Haasan
- Youth icon of South Indian cinema: Rana Daggubati
- Youth icon of South Indian cinema: Anushka Shetty
- Sensation of South Indian cinema: Dhanush