First look of the film
|Directed by||Yogaraj Bhat|
|Produced by||Syed Salam |
|Written by||Yogaraj Bhat|
|Starring||Golden Star Ganesh |
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Edited by||Suresh arumugam|
S. S. Films
|Distributed by||Mysuru Talkies|
Mugulu Nage is a 2017 Indian romantic comedy Kannada film directed and co-produced by Yogaraj Bhat and jointly produced by Ganesh and Syed Salaam. It features Ganesh, Apoorva Arora, Nikitha Narayan and Ashika Ranganath in the lead roles. Amulya, and Jaggesh also feature in cameo roles. Whilst the soundtrack and score is by V. Harikrishna, the cinematography is by Sugnan. The first look of the film was released on 14 February 2017 coinciding the Valentines Day.
The project marks the third film in the combination of Yogaraj Bhat and Ganesh after Mungaru Male (2006) and Gaalipata (2008). The filming began on 8 December 2016 in Bengaluru. Further, the shooting took place in Puducherry, Mysuru, Yaana and Sirsi, Karnataka.
- Ganesh as Pulakeshi
- Apoorva Arora as Chaaru
- Achyuth Kumar as Miccha Sreenu, Pulakeshi's Father
- Nikitha Narayan as Siri
- Ashika Ranganath as Vaishali Hande
- Ananth Nag as a Doctor
- Dhritiman Chatterjee as Miccha Sreenu, Pulakeshi's Dad
- Achyuth Kumar as Achyuth
- Rangayana Raghu
- Jaggesh in a special appearance
- Amulya in a guest appearance
- Chandan Achar
- Dharmanna Kadur
In August 2016, it was reported that the successful combination of Yogaraj Bhat and Ganesh are teaming up together again for a new romantic venture. While Bhat was taking care of the script, wrote story and take up the direction, Ganesh was cast as the lead actor apart from co-producing the film and V. Harikrishna was roped in to compose the music. On 30 November 2016, the film was reported to have titled as Mugulu Nage. On 8 December 2016, the filming began with the first schedule officially canned at ISRO Layout in Bengaluru. The second schedule was held at Mysuru followed by the third schedule being shot in Puducherry. It was also reported that team expected the filming would be completed by the end of February 2017. However, the shooting was officially concluded in April 2017.
After signing in Ganesh for the lead role, actress Amulya was signed in for one of the female leads. It was also reported that the film would feature three more leading female characters, with a total of four different romantic tracks. Actresses Nabha Natesh and Nikitha Narayan were approached to play the other lead roles. However, later Nabha was replaced by model turned actress Ashika Ranganath, playing her first role for a film. Apart from these leading actresses. In February 2017, it was announced that actor Jaggesh would be appearing in a special song sequence penned by Bhat himself. Later in March 2017, Bhat made some last-minute changes by replacing Amulya with actress Apoorva Arora since Amulya got engaged and her marriage dates were clashing with the film schedule. Apoorva joined the team on 18 March and shot her scenes at Barkur. It was also reported that Amulya would still make a guest appearance in the film.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||11 July 2017|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
V. Harikrishna scored the film's background and for its soundtrack. The soundtrack, consisting of six tracks, was released starting with the track "Hodi Ombattu" on 11 July 2017 in Hubli and each song in a different city of Karnataka subsequently on every alternate day to "honour each of Harikrishna's songs", who scored for his 100th film. The distribution rights procured by D Beats. The lyrics were written by Yogaraj Bhat and Jayanth Kaikini.
|1.||"Ninna Snehadinda"||Yogaraj Bhat||Shreya Ghoshal||4:07|
|2.||"Hodi Ombath"||Yogaraj Bhat||Vijay Prakash||4:30|
|3.||"Roopasi"||Jayanth Kaikini||Sonu Nigam||4:17|
|4.||"Kere Yeri"||Yogaraj Bhat||Sonu Nigam||4:40|
|5.||"Mugulu Nage"||Yogaraj Bhat||Sonu Nigam||4:15|
|6.||"Kannadi Illada Orinali"||Jayanth Kaikini||Shreya Ghoshal||4:19|
|7.||"Amara Hale Nenapu"||Yogaraj Bhat||Vijay Prakash||4:32|
- "Mugulu Nage poster revealed". The Times of India.
- "Ganesh's four play in Mugulu Nage". The Times of India. 20 April 2017.
- "Jaggesh's special in Mugulu Nage". The New Indian Express. 23 February 2017.
- "Golden Star Ganesh's Mugulu Nage first look poster". International Business Times. 14 February 2017.
- "Ganesh -Yograj Bhat Mugulu Nage Starts on Friday". Chitraloka. 8 December 2016.
- "Team Mugulu Nage shoots at scenic Puducherry". The New Indian Express. 19 January 2017.
- "Mugulu Nage censored – Releasing on September 1ST". Chitraloka. 17 August 2017.
- "Ganesh-Yoraj Bhat reunite for new film". NewsKarnataka.com. 10 August 2016.
- "Yogaraj Bhatt's New Film Titled Mugulunage". Chitraloka.
- "Ganesh -Yograj Bhat Mugulu Nage Starts on Friday". Chitraloka.
- "Mugulunage Shooting in Pondicherry". Chitraloka.
- "Mugulu Nage Shooting Completed". Chitraloka.
- "Amulya: Spun in GOLD, again?". Deccan Chronicle. 4 January 2017.
- "Nabha, Nikitha to romance Ganesh?". The New Indian Express. 16 November 2016.
- "Jaggesh Dances For Mugulunage". Chitraloka.
- "Amulya leaves Mugulu Nage, Apoorva steps in". The New Indian Express.
- Christopher, Kavya (10 July 2017). "Mugulu Nage's two-week-long audio launch begins today". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "Ganesh, Yogaraj Bhat release Hodi Ombattu in Hubballi". The Times of India. 11 July 2017. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "Mugulu Nage audio to be released on July 12". The Times of India. 5 July 2017. Retrieved 31 July 2017.