Nipomo High School
|Nipomo High School|
|525 North Thompson Road
|School district||Lucia Mar Unified School District|
|Phone||+1 (805) 474-3300|
|Website||Nipomo High School website|
Nipomo High School opened in 2002. Initially, students in Nipomo attended Arroyo Grande High School, however, due to overcrowding, the school was built. It is also home to Central Coast New Tech High, the only technical school in Central California from Thousand Oaks to San Jose. 
- 1,277 students; M/F (50.7/49.3)
|White||Hispanic||African American||Asian||American Indian||Filipino||Pacific Islander||No response|
- 66 certified staff;
|White||Hispanic||Filipino||African American||Pacific Islander||American Indian||Asian||No response|
During the 2008-2009 school year, Nipomo High School had an enrollment of 1,215 with an average class size of 26.1 students.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Nipomo High School offers the following sports programs:
- Cross Country
- Swimming & Diving
- Track and Field
- Water Polo
- Boys Wrestling
- Art Club: art education and campus art activities.
- Chess Club
- Sustainability Club
- F.H.A.-HERO: encouraging professional leadership in Home Economics & Technology courses.
- Anime Club
- French Club
- G.S.A - Gay-Straight alliance
- Interact Club: emphasizing community citizenship by humanitarian service with high ethical standards.
- Key Club
- Mock Trial
- ETS- Educational Talent Search
- Progressive Students Forum: progressive political discussion, education, and advocacy.
- Renaissance: promoting educational achievement and citizenship through a partnership with local private business.
- Scholastic Club: Academic club dedicated to raising funds for students' AP tests.
- Spanish Club: Explore and celebrate Hispanic and Latino culture.
- Table Tennis Association
- FCA: Bible study and outreach.
- Titan Robotics Club Build robots and compete with them.
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Writing Exchange: exploring all forms of writing and literary work. Participates in the annual district Writing Contest.
Nipomo High School offers a Drama department focused on productions of shows and use the Clark Center for the Performing Arts.
- California Department of Education - Dataquest
- Source: California Department of Education
- Nipomo.com: Schools
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|