Promotional release poster
|Directed by||Balu Mahendra|
|Produced by||Linga Raju|
P. L. Narayana
Nireekshana (Telugu: నిరీక్షణ; transl. Waiting) is a 1982 Indian drama film directed by Balu Mahendra, starring Bhanu Chander and Archana. The music was composed by Ilaiyaraaja. Mahendra himself remade the film in Malayalam as Yathra (1985), with Mammooty and Shobana in lead. It was also dubbed in Tamil as Kanne Kalaimaane. He remade the film in Tamil as Adhu Oru Kana Kaalam, with Dhanush in the lead.
The story revolves around Bhanu Chandra, a forest officer by profession. He falls in love with a tribal girl, "Tulasi" (Archana). He gets arrested by Police as they mistakenly identify him as a Naxalite. In an unfortunate event, he kills a policeman and gets life imprisonment. The whole plot runs in the form of a story telling when Bhanu Chandar was released from jail and while he travels in a school bus. He was hoping that Archana still waits for him even after several years of his jail term, thus the name of this film is "Nireekshana", which means Waiting.
- "Akasam Enatido" - S. Janaki
- "Yamuna Enduku" - S. Janaki
- "Theeyanni Danimma" - S. P. Balu, S. P. Sailaja
- "Chukkalle Thochave" - K. J. Yesudas
- Shedde, Meenakshi (18 July 2015). "Risking life and liberty". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Chintamani, Gautam (30 December 2016). "With Bhandarkar's Next, Is The'Reel' Silence On Indira And Emergency About To Be Broken?". Swarajya. Retrieved 14 July 2018.