|Directed by||Balu Mahendra|
|Written by||Balu Mahendra|
|Edited by||Balu Mahendra|
Anand Cine Arts
|22 August 1997|
- Sivakumar as Hajiar
- Karan as Abdullah
- Vignesh as Raman
- Easwari Rao as Gowri
- Rudra as Ayesha
- Delhi Ganesh
- Chokkalinga Bhagavathar
Director Balu Mahendra had offered a leading role to actor Vikram, who was unable to take up the offer as a result of schedule clashes with his work in Ullasam (1997). The film's shoot became the epicentre of a dispute that arose between the Tamil Film Producers Council and Film Employees Federation of South India (FEFSI). It was reported that members of FEFSI had stopped the filming of Raman Abdullah as Mahendra was engaging outside cast members in the film. This led FEFSI to go for an indefinite strike which affected to the delaying of several Tamil films. During production, the makers had to change the name of the film from Abdul Raaman to Raman Abdullah following protests from the Muslim community.
- En Veettu Jannal - Arunmozhi, Bhavatharini lyric Vaali
- Puthithai Ketkum - Chithra
- Sembaruthi Pennoruthi - SPB, K. S. Chithra
- Un Madhama - Nagore E. M. Hanifa lyric Vaali
- Muththamizhe Muththamizhe - SPB, KS Chithra lyric arivumathi
The film was a commercial failure.
- "Man of Steel". Caravan. 29 December 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- Baskaran, Sundararaj Theodore (2009). History through the lens: perspectives on South Indian cinema. Orient Blackswan. p. 114. ISBN 978-81-250-3520-6.
- Kindem, Gorham Anders (2000). The International Movie Industry. SIU Press. p. 50. ISBN 978-0-8093-2299-2.
- "Madras film strike: Producers demand their pound of flesh". Rediff.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|