Noblesville Township, Hamilton County, Indiana
Location in Hamilton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||49.12 sq mi (127.2 km2)|
|• Land||46.82 sq mi (121.3 km2)|
|• Water||2.29 sq mi (5.9 km2) 4.66%|
|Elevation||791 ft (241 m)|
|• Density||1,079.9/sq mi (417.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453676|
Noblesville Township was organized in 1827.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 49.12 square miles (127.2 km2), of which 46.82 square miles (121.3 km2) (or 95.32%) is land and 2.29 square miles (5.9 km2) (or 4.66%) is water. The streams of Cicero Creek, Dry Branch, East Fork Sly Run, Lily Vestal Drain, Hinkle Creek, Ingerman Ditch, Kirkendall Creek, Mallery Granger Ditch, Overdorff Branch, Stony Creek, and West Fork Sly Run run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Noblesville (vast majority)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jackson Township (north)
- White River Township (northeast)
- Wayne Township (east)
- Fall Creek Township (southeast)
- Delaware Township (south)
- Clay Township (southwest)
- Washington Township (west)
The township contains eight cemeteries: Crownland, Gascho-Trissel, Gray, Hurlock, Riverside, Thorp, Weaver and Zimmer.
- Indiana State Road 19
- Indiana State Road 32
- Indiana State Road 37
- Indiana State Road 38
- Indiana State Road 238
Airports and landing strips
- Roberts-Jacobi Restricted Airport
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Haines, John F. (1915). History of Hamilton County, Indiana: Her People, Industries And Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen & Co. p. 177.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Hamilton County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|