The headquarters of Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions, LO (Folkets Hus) at Youngstorget
The Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions (Norwegian: Landsorganisasjonen i Norge, LO) is a national trade union center, decidedly the largest and probably the most influential umbrella organization of labour unions in Norway. The 21 national unions affiliated to the LO have almost 900,000 members of a Norwegian population of 5 million. The majority of affiliated unions organizes traditional blue collar workers, but the largest affiliate is the Norwegian Union of Municipal and General Employees which makes up more than a third of all members. LO is affiliated to the ITUC and the ETUC. Gerd Kristiansen was elected leader on 6 May 2013 for a four-year period.
It was named the Workers' National Trade Union (Norwegian: Arbeidernes Faglige Landsorganisasjon, AFL) from 1899 to 1957.
Ingvald B. Aase served as treasurer from 1934 until his death in 1948.
The organization owns the Norwegian Labour Movement Archives and Library.
It is considered as being part of the "Labour Sphere" in Norway.
- Norwegian United Federation of Trade Unions (Fellesforbundet, FF)
- Norwegian Engineers’ and Managers’ Association (Forbundet for Ledelse og Teknikk, FLT)
- Norwegian Union of General Workers (Norsk Arbeidsmandsforbund , NAF)
- The Electrician and IT Workers’ Union (El & IT)
- Norwegian Union of Social Educators and Social Workers (Fellesorganisasjonen, FO)
- Norwegian Prison and Probation Officers’ Union (Norsk Fengsels- og Friomsorgsforbund, NFF)
- Norwegian Union of Employees in Commerce and Offices (Handel og Kontor i Norge, HK)
- Norwegian Union of Railway Workers (Norsk Jernbaneforbund, NJF)
- Norwegian Musicians’ Union (Musikernes fellesorganisasjon, NM)
- Norwegian Union of Municipal and General Employees (Fagforbundet, NUMGE)
- Norwegian Manualtherapist Association (Norsk Manuellterapeutforening)
- National Union of Norwegian Locomotivemen (Norsk Lokomotivmannsforbund, NLF)
- Norwegian Food and Allied Workers’ Union (Norsk Nærings- og Nytelsesmiddelarbeiderforbund, NNN)
- Norwegian Union of Military Officers (Norges Offisersforbund, NOF)
- Norwegian Union of Industry and Energy Workers (Industri Energi, IE)
- Norwegian Union of Postal and Communication Workers (POSTKOM)
- The Labour Press Union (Arbeiderbevegelsens Presseforbund)
- Norwegian Seafarers' Union (Norsk Sjømannsforbund, NSF)
- Norwegian Union of School Employees (Skolenes Landsforbund, SL)
- Norwegian Civil Service Union (Norsk Tjenestemannslag, NTL)
- Norwegian Transport Workers’ Union (Norsk Transportarbeiderforbund, NTF)
- Norwegian Players’ Association (Norske Idrettsutøveres Sentralorganisasjon NISO)
- Cabin Crew Union Norway (Norsk Kabinforening)