Nothing to Lose (Bret Michaels song)
|"Nothing to Lose"|
|Single by Bret Michaels featuring Miley Cyrus|
|from the album Custom Built|
|Released||March 2, 2010|
|Genre||Country, country rock|
|Bret Michaels singles chronology|
"Nothing to Lose" is a song written by Bret Michaels, and was recorded by Michaels as the first single for his solo album, Custom Built. The song was originally recorded by Michaels himself, however, he was working with Miley Cyrus who asked to sing on the track with him. Miley Cyrus covered the hit Poison ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" with Michaels for her album "Can't Be Tamed" and then became involved on Bret's new single. "Nothing to Lose" was the most added song to radio the week of its release, topping both Bon Jovi and Nickelback.
Background and composition
"Nothing to Lose" is a country rock ballad, backed mostly by acoustic guitar. The narrator describes a slow-churning declaration of codependence. "Nothing To Lose" features five recorded versions of the song; solo, solo acoustic, featuring Miley Cyrus, acoustic featuring Miley Cyrus and a country version also featuring the multi-platinum artist.
Blake Boldt of Engine 145 gave the song a "thumbs down" review. He said that Michaels lures in listeners with a suggestive passage about getting sexy to save a faded love. Boldt also went on to say that the song metal-lite, mixed with tween country. He also felt that Miley Cyrus stole the show with her harmonies.
Bret Michaels performed 'Nothing to Lose' live with an acoustic guitar on "Lopez Tonight" and witnessing the audience's reaction to Michaels heartfelt performance, George Lopez closed with "That's how real rockers do it". 
|U.S. Billboard Top Rock Digital Songs ||32|
- Graff, Gary (2010-03-04). "Bret Michaels Gets Busy With Miley Cyrus, Celebrity Apprentice". Billboard (magazine). Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- "New single". Eddietrunk.2017
- Boldt, Blake (2010-03-22). "Bret Michaels featuring Miley Cyrus - "Nothing to Lose"". Engine 145. Retrieved 2010-03-22.
- "Bret Michaels performs "Nothing to Lose" live". 2010. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- "Chart Beat Bret Michaels". 2010. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in: