Town central square with Palace of Culture and monument to Taras Shevchenko in front
|• Total||2,03 km2 (78 sq mi)|
|Elevation||300 m (1,000 ft)|
|• Density||14,911/km2 (38,620/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||81053, 81054|
The town was founded in 1965 as a workers' settlement called Jantarne (Ukrainian: Янтарне). In 1969 it was renamed to Novoiavorivsk.
Novoiavorivsk's city center contains a large square with the town's "Palace of Culture" building and the town's church. The town also contains a football field.
In the town based Hockey Club Levy.
The name of the town translates to "New Yavoriv".
- Andriy "Kuzma" Kuzmenko — lead singer of the band "Skryabin".
- Vasyl Pryima (b. 1991) — Ukrainian footballer.
- Adriana Galetskaya (1978) — Ukrainian painter.
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Novoiavorivsk.|
- Official website (Ukrainian)
|This article about a location in Lviv Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|