From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obstructive shock is a form of shock associated with physical obstruction of the great vessels or the heart itself. Pulmonary embolism and cardiac tamponade are considered forms of obstructive shock.
- Cardiac tamponade
- Constrictive pericarditis (late stage)
- Aortic stenosis
- Tension pneumothorax
- Massive pulmonary embolism
- "Shock: Shock and Fluid Resuscitation: Merck Manual Professional".
- "Definition: cardiopulmonary obstructive shock from Online Medical Dictionary".
- Cotran, Ramzi S.; Kumar, Vinay; Fausto, Nelson; Nelso Fausto; Robbins, Stanley L.; Abbas, Abul K. (2005). Robbins and Cotran pathologic basis of disease. St. Louis, Mo: Elsevier Saunders. p. 141. ISBN 0-7216-0187-1.
|This article about a medical condition affecting the circulatory system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|