Coronary thrombosis is the formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel of the heart. This blood clot restricts blood flow within the heart. It is associated with narrowing of blood vessels subsequent to clotting. The condition is considered as a type of ischaemic heart disease.
Thrombosis in the heart can lead to a myocardial infarction. Coronary thrombosis and myocardial infarction are sometimes used as synonyms, although this is technically inaccurate as the thrombosis refers to the blocking of blood vessels, while the infarction refers to the tissue death due to the consequent loss of blood flow to the heart tissue. The heart contains many connecting blood vessels, and depending upon the location of the thrombosis, the infarction may cause no symptoms.
Coronary thrombosis can be a complication associated with drug-eluting stents.
- ^ "Thrombosis/Coronary Thrombosis".
- ^ Edward C. Klatt MD. "Atherosclerosis". utah.edu.
- ^ Lüscher TF, Steffel J, Eberli FR, et al. (February 2007). "Drug-eluting stent and coronary thrombosis: biological mechanisms and clinical implications". Circulation. 115 (8): 1051–8. doi:10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.106.675934. PMID 17325255.
- ^ "Calvin Coolidge". thinkquest.org. Archived from the original on 14 March 2008.
- ^ John Garfield IMDB Biography http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002092/bio
- ^ "BBC ON THIS DAY - 6 - 1952: King George VI dies in his sleep". bbc.co.uk.
- ^ "Alfred Hill". oxforddnb.com.
- ^ "World: Nasser's Legacy: Hope and instability". TIME.com. 12 October 1970.
- ^ Lambert, Gavin. Nazimova. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1997, 74.
- ^ "Business to Stop in Silent Tribute". The New York Times. 8 January 1919.
- ^ "58 Year Old Tim Russert Died Of Sudden Coronary Thrombosis Said Doctors". Medical News Today.
- ^ Flattus Maximus
- ^ "Tesla Timeline". Tesla Universe. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- ^ A Biography of Ralph Vaughan Williams by Ursula Vaughan Williams
- ^ Mank, Gregory W., Coughlin, James T., & Frye, Dwight D. Dwight Frye's Last Laugh: An Authorized Biography. Baltimore, MD. 1997, 185.