Ojha is the name given to the profession of an exorcist or a spirit healer. It is also used as a surname by the people of "Maithil brahmin". The maithil brahmin origin is from bihar usually they were works as a teacher first. But after that they migrated to the different states of India. Now a big community comes from bihar and they can also be found at Bhopal,Delhi,Ahmedabad,Odisha and in different parts of India. Some says they are the higher than any brahmin in hindus. It is also used as surname by Nepalese Bahun (Brahmin) of Khas community.
Notable people with surname Ojha Include:
- Lujendra Ojha Nepalese scientist
- Om Prasad Ojha, Nepalese politician
- Puskar Nath Ojha, Nepalese politician
- Frederick M. Smith (2006). The self possessed: deity and spirit possession in South Asian literature and civilization. Columbia University Press. p. 143. ISBN 978-0-231-13748-5.
- Morton Klass (2003). Mind over mind: the anthropology and psychology of spirit possession. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 49. ISBN 978-0-7425-2677-8.