|• Type||state government and central government|
|Elevation||572 m (1,877 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-MH|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Osmanabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Umarga|
The town of Umarga is situated on National Highway 9 (Pune to Hyderabad). It is located 85 km by road east of the city of Solapur, 95 km by road from the district capital of Osmanabad, and 20 km west of the Karnataka-Maharashtra State boundary. The nearest towns are Turori, Is locate 8 km (east west from NH9 Umarga), Diggi (17 km), Madaj (16 km by road to the southwest), and Murum. is best village of Osmanabad district Ħ which is 26 km by road to the east on NH-9. The town of Umarga has an elevation of 572 metres (1876 feet). Google map="https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Omerga".The nearest towns are (Gunjoti Most Historical palce )
Economy and infrastructure
Agriculture and agriculture related services are the main income source for the people here. There is one sugar factory namely SHRI VITTHALSAI S.S.K. Ltd. (MURUM) and another two factories under construction. Umarga has a MIDC industrial park of 2500 hectares. Umarga has one of the best healthcare services and Health professionals. These services beats even District City of Osmanabad. Healthcare services are not only beneficial for locals but also adjacent Karnataka and Telangana state people.
- Sayyad Haji Munnawar Baba Darga,Gunjoti.
- Mahadev Mandir (Shiva Temple): Umarga has a 1000-year-old ancient magnificent "Hemadpanthi" Temple of Lord Shiva. This indicates its roots linked to the Shilahar, Rastrkuta, Chalukya Dynasty.
- Birudev Temple is on Latur Road. Birudev is worshiped as the god of the Dhangar community.
- Hanuman Mandir
- Kala Maruti Mandir: is situated on Hyderabad road
- Tulja Bhawani Temple and Renuka Mata Temple
- Sayad Basha Dargah
- Maheboob subhani Dargah
- Shri Nath Mandir is the temple of Saint Eknath. Also has 2.5 Feet statue of Shri Vitthal. Every year there is a Festival called NATH-SHASHTHI, which includes Bhajan, Kirtan, Ann-daan.
Religious places in Taluka
- Achalbet Devastan
- Kapil Vastu Buddha Vihar
- Vahya Bandenavaj
Religious places in Gunjoti
Sayyed Haji Munnawar Dargha ,Gunjoti
- "Assembly Constituencies-Post delimitation: Maharashtra: Osmanabad District" (PDF). National Informatics Centre, Government of India.
- "NPR Report: Maharashtra: Osmanabad: Umarga". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011.
- The Dynasties of the Kanarese Districts of the Bombay Presidency (1894) J.F. Fleet, Gazetteer of the Bombay Presidency (Vol-1, Part-II, Book-III) ISBN 81-206-0277-3
- "Kanarese". DSAL The Record News.