Ormesby St Michael
|Ormesby St Michael|
St Michael, Ormesby St Michael
|Area||4.21 km2 (1.63 sq mi)|
|• Density||72/km2 (190/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||GREAT YARMOUTH|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Ormesby St Michael is a small village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated some 12 km (7.5 mi) north-west of the town of Great Yarmouth and 25 km (16 mi) east of the city of Norwich. Nearby are Ormesby Broad and Ormesby Little Broad, both part of the Trinity Broads within The Broads.
The civil parish has an area of 4.21 km2 (1.63 sq mi) and in the 2001 census had a population of 297 in 128 households, increasing to 302 at the 2011 Census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of Great Yarmouth.
Ormesby Manor is a Grade II listed 19th manor house with an Italianate tower.
Ormesby St Michael should not be mistaken for the village of Ormesby St Margaret, which lies some 3 km (1.9 mi) to the east.
- Ordnance Survey (2005). OS Explorer Map OL40 - The Broads. ISBN 0-319-23769-9.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes Archived 2017-02-11 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved December 2, 2005.
- "Ormesby Manor particulars". Savills.
- for Ormesby St Michael.
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on Ormesby St Michael.
Media related to Ormesby St Michael at Wikimedia Commons
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|