PartyNextDoor in 2016
|Birth name||Jahron Anthony Brathwaite|
July 3, 1993 |
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Jahron Anthony Brathwaite (born July 3, 1993), known professionally as PartyNextDoor and PND, is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer.
PartyNextDoor was the first artist signed to Drake's OVO Sound record label in 2013 and later that year released his first EP self-titled PartyNextDoor. He subsequently released PartyNextDoor Two and PNDColours in 2014 and PartyNextDoor 3 in 2016. PartyNextDoor has collaborated with a number of artists, including Drake, Big Sean and Jeremih. PartyNextDoor has also seen success as a songwriter, having penned "Work", which was released on Rihanna's album Anti, and peaked at number-one on the Billboard Hot 100.
PartyNextDoor was born to a Jamaican mother and a Trinidadian father in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. He began making electronic-infused R&B under his real name Jahron Brathwaite (Jahron B). He received his first promotion push by a popular music promotion website "BrandNewHipHopRnB" which later became "TheFutureOfRnB.com" which was run by two college kids (known only as Gregory (AKA Alleztulle) and Andy) between 2007 and 2010. Through this he quickly gained popularity, and eventually co-hosted the websites "Welcome To The Future" mixtape series. He got his better known stage name from an FL Studio audio filter setting called "PartyNextDoor". At 18, PartyNextDoor signed a publishing deal with Warner/Chappell as a songwriter. He was later connected to OVO Sound co-founders Oliver El-Khatib and Drake by producer Boi-1da. PartyNextDoor's OVO Sound signing was announced with the release of his song "Make a Mil" on Drake's October's Very Own blog. His first mixtape, PARTYNEXTDOOR, was released to the iTunes Store on July 1, 2013. It entered on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart at number six with sales of 2,000 copies and peaked at number 34 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart for the week of July 20, 2013. He performed background vocals on "Own It" and "Come Thru" from Drake's third studio album, Nothing Was the Same.
On July 14, 2014, PartyNextDoor announced that his debut studio album PartyNextDoor Two would be released on July 29, 2014 in the United States; by the OVO Sound and Warner Bros. Records label. The record was made available for pre-order through the iTunes Store the following day. The record featured singles like "Muse", "Her Way", "Sex on the Beach" and the Billboard charted "Recognize", featuring Drake. Later that year, on December 3, 2014, PartyNextDoor released the 4-track EP titled PNDColours. He also released the dates for his 2015 "PND LIVE" world tour, which included cities in North America and Europe. In 2015, he produced three songs on Drake's If You're Reading This It's Too Late: "Legend", "Preach" and "Wednesday Night Interlude".
PartyNextDoor earned his first number-one song as a songwriter when on January 27, 2016, Rihanna released the lead single "Work" from her eighth studio album, Anti. The song maintained its spot at number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 for nine consecutive weeks. He also penned the song "Sex with Me" on the same album. On March 25, 2016, PartyNextDoor released "Come and See Me", which features fellow artist Drake, from his upcoming second studio album, PartyNextDoor 3 (also known as P3). A music video directed by affiliate and collaborator Adrian Martinez and featuring appearances by Kylie Jenner, Big Sean, and Jhené Aiko was released on Snapchat on June 23, 2016. On June 15, 2016, Jeremih called into Real 92.3 LA to announce a joint album with PartyNextDoor called Late Night Party. On July 2, 2016, he released another single, "Like That", featuring Jeremih and Lil Wayne, on OVO Sound radio. This single is rumored to be featured on Late Night Party. On July 21, 2016, PartyNextDoor announced the release date for his second studio album PARTYNEXTDOOR 3 for August 12, 2016 and released "Not Nice", the record's second single.
|"Legend"||2015||If You're Reading This It's Too Late||
|"Let Me"||2016||Hard II Love||
|"U with Me?"||Views||
|"Sex with Me"||Anti||
Awards and nominations
|2017||Best R&B Song||"Come and See Me"
|Album of the Year||Views||Nominated|
Billboard Music Awards
|2017||Top R&B Collaboration||"Come and See Me"
Canadian Radio Music Awards
|2017||Best New Group or Solo Artist:Dance/Urban/Rhythmic||"Not Nice"||Nominated|
iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards
|2017||Best New Canadian Artist||PartyNextDoor||Won|
|2017||R&B/Soul Recording of the Year||PartyNextDoor 3||Nominated|
- PND LIVE World Tour (2015)
- PARTYNEXTDOOR - Summer's Over
- Would You Like a Tour? (with Drake) (2013)
- Hopeless Fountain Kingdom World Tour (with Halsey) (2017)
- Delerme, Felipe (April 21, 2015). "PARTYNEXTDOOR Speaks About His Music For The First Time". The Fader. New York: The Fader. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- Coscarelli, Joe (August 16, 2016). "PartyNextDoor Is Finding His Voice, and a Bigger Spotlight". New York Times. New York: New York Times. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- Josephs, Brian (May 12, 2013). "Listen: PartyNextDoor'Wus Good/Curious'". Complex. New York: Complex Media. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Alexis, Nadeska (July 1, 2013). "Drake's OVO Signee PartyNextDoor Drops Self-Titled Debut". MTV. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- "PartyNextDoor f. Drake – Over Here". HipHopDX. Cheri Media Group. June 24, 2013. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Payne, Ogden. "Inside PartyNextDoor's Ascent From Chart-Topping Songwriter To Methodical Businessman". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-01-22.
- "PARTYNEXTDOOR by PARTYNEXTDOOR". iTunes Store. Apple. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- Greenwald, David (July 11, 2013). "Chance the Rapper, PARTYNEXTDOOR Chart With Free Mixtapes". Billboard. New York: Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums". Billboard. New York: Prometheus Global Media. July 20, 2013. Retrieved November 8, 2013. (Subscription required (. ))
- "PARTYNEXTDOOR Announces "PARTYNEXTDOOR Two" Release Date".
- "PARTYNEXTDOOR Announces New Album + New Song ‘Recognize’ Feat. Drake". 15 July 2014.
- "Drake Featured on PARTYNEXTDOOR's "Recognize" - Pitchfork".
- Ortiz, Edwin (3 December 2014). "PARTYNEXTDOOR Shares Four New Songs and Reveals World Tour Dates". Complex. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "PND on Instagram: "My first #1 as a songwriter. Thank you @badgalriri and @champagnepapi for the opportunity. Album on the way"". Instagram. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "PartyNextDoor's Reference Track For Rihanna's "Work" Surfaces Online". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Amir Obe Bathes In Pink And Purple Light In "The Only" Video". The FADER. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "PARTYNEXTDOOR Drops Official Version of "Like Dat" Featuring Lil Wayne & Jeremih". 7 April 2017.
- "PartyNextDoor announces new album, shares upbeat track “Not Nice” — listen". 22 July 2016.
- Smith, Trevor (October 3, 2016). "PartyNextDoor and Jeremih to release music". Hotnewhiphop. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to PartyNextDoor.|