From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Padmāvatī may refer to:
- Padmavati Pawaya the celebrated ancient city mentioned in Sanskrit classics and inscriptions.
- Alamelu, aka Padmāvatī, Hindu goddess and consort of Sri Venkateshwara of Tirupati.
- Another name for the Hindu serpent goddess Manasa.
- Padmavati (Jainism), Jain attendant goddess (Yakshini).
Padmāvatī is a common name among Hindu ladies, especially those hailing from South India.
- Padmavati (wife of Ashoka), a chief concubine of Emperor Ashoka and the mother of his second son and heir presumptive, Kunala.
- Rani Padmini, also known as Padmavati, the queen of Chittor and the wife of 14th century King Rawal Ratan Singh, celebrated in Padmavat.
- Dr. S. I. Padmavati, Indian cardiologist, Padma Vibhushan.
- Padmāvatī, the name of an important character in Bhasa's immortal Swapna Vāsavadattam (one of 13 classical Sanskrit works rediscovered in the archives of an ancient Kerala temple in 1912 AD).
- Padmāvatī, the name of the heroine in the eponymous Bengali novel written by Alaol in the 17th century AD.
- Padmavati (film), an upcoming, 2017 Indian, Hindi epic drama film.
- Padmavat, a celebrated ballad written in the Awadhi dialect of Hindi by Malik Muhammad Jayasi, a 16th-century Indian Sufi poet, about Rani Padmini.
- Padmâvatî (opera), the title of an opera by French composer Albert Roussel.
- Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, a university in Tirupati named after the Hindu goddess.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Padmavati.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.