Para volver a amar (telenovela)
|Para volver a amar|
|Created by||Adriana Suárez
Pedro Miguel Rozo
|Written by||Aída Guajardo|
|Directed by||Eric Morales
|Opening theme||"Para volver a amar" performed by Kany García|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||146|
|Executive producer(s)||Giselle González
Roberto Gómez Fernández
Luis Horacio Valdés
|Running time||40-45 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||480i SDTV
|Original release||July 12, 2010 – January 30, 2011|
|Preceded by||Niña de mi corazón|
|Related shows||El Último Matrimonio Feliz (2008)|
Para volver a amar (English title: Marriage Diaries) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Giselle González and Roberto Gómez Fernández for Televisa. It is a remake of the Colombian telenovela El Último Matrimonio Feliz.
The main protagonists are Rebecca Jones, René Strickler, Alejandra Barros, Jesús Ochoa, Nailea Norvind, Mark Tacher, África Zavala and Zaide Silvia Gutiérrez. With Alejandro Camacho, Juan Carlos Barreto, Sophie Alexander, Flavio Medina, Susana González, Pablo Valentín and the first actress Magda Guzmán are main antagonists. With Agustín Arana, Alberto Estrella, Ricardo Guerra, Adalberto Parra, Lisset, Mario Loria, Ricardo Fastlitcht, Thelma Madrigal and Alfonso Dosal.
Para volver a amar aired on Canal de las Estrellas in Mexico on July 12, 2010, taking the former timeslot of La rosa de Guadalupe. The series was originally scheduled to be broadcast at 10:00 p.m., but moved to 5:00 p.m. to added a few more minutes to Soy tu dueña. The final episode aired on January 30, 2011, and was replaced by Rafaela.
Para Volver a Amar aired on Univision in the United States from March 8, 2011 to October 28, 2011 at 12am/11pm central.
The story revolves around the lives of six women who are facing the reality of their life with their husbands;
- Antonia Palacios (Rebecca Jones), a successful and respected woman, who is married to Patricio González (René Strickler), and together they have a daughter, Paola (Thelma Madrigal). Antonia works for Braulio Longoria's (Alejandro Camacho) company, but when Paola has an accident, Antonia decides to resign and spend more time with her family. When Paola recovers, she and Patricio encourage Antonia to start her own real estate company.
- Rosaura Pereyra (Zaide Silvia Gutiérrez), is a secretary who is married to Rolando Salgar (Jesús Ochoa), a womanizing taxi driver. Rolando is having an affair with a younger woman, Mireya, and leaves Rosaura and their two children César and Jennifer. Rosaura starts working for Antonia's real estate company, and will try anything to get her husband back.
- Bárbara Mantilla (Alejandra Barros) is a woman who works for Antonia's real estate business. Behind the appearance of a happy woman, Bárbara hides an intense frustration caused by Jaime Espinosa (Juan Carlos Barreto), a jealous and alcoholic husband who is physically abusive. Along with the couple lives his mother, Dona Conchita Cabrera (Magda Guzmán), a manipulative woman who tries to ruin the life of Bárbara and supports Jaime's actions. Antonia soon discovers these problems and tries to help Barbara.
- Maite Duarte (Sophie Alexander) is a former client of Antonia who comes to work for Antonia's real estate company after she is let go from the company she worked before. Antonia realizes that Maite is an ambitious and neurotic woman who is determined to compete with her husband, Jorge Casso (Mark Tacher), for money. Maite begins a legal fight with him to get a divorce. Despite this, Antonia doesn't deny the opportunity to work and tries to help her.
- Yorley Quiroga (Africa Zavala) is a hard-working woman who is tired of David Magaña (Flavio Medina), her slacker husband, who abandons his family to try his luck in the United States. Meanwhile, Yorley falls in love with Leonardo Torres (Agustín Arana), but unfortunately for her, her daughter and David disagree with the relationship and try to break them up.
- Valeria Andrade (Nailea Norvind) is a socialite and fashion icon. Unbeknownst to society, she is a victim of psychological abuse by her husband, the respected businessman Braulio Longoria. Valeria has always had the idea that she is just a rag doll that Braulio bought from her mother, a prostitute who believed that Braulio would give a better life to her daughter and help her out financially. Their son, Sebastián (Alfonso Dosal), is rebellious and ignorant to the problems of his parents. Valeria soon joins the team of Antonia.
Renato Villamar (Édgar Vivar) is the gay owner of a beauty salon. Charito (Marcia Coutiño), one of the haidressers and Renato's best friend, is completely in love with handyman Alcides (Alex Sirvent). Alcides is gay but, fearing rejection, keeps his true sexual orientation a secret - which he eventually reveals to Renato and Barbara. Alcides' best friend Quintín (Eduardo España), a chauvinistic man who spends his time criticising women for their 'lack of morals', falls for Charito.
Antonia is proud of the assistance being given to the other women. All this changes when she develops breast cancer that begins to slowly break down her marriage when she tries to hide it. But despite all of this, Antonia is no longer the example to follow and changes the lives of all women who have come to her and gradually learns that there still is hope for love again.
- Rebecca Jones - Antonia Palacios de González
- Alejandro Camacho - Braulio Longoria Sampeiro
- René Strickler - Patricio González
- Alejandra Barros - Bárbara Mantilla de Espinosa
- Jesús Ochoa - Rolando Salgar
- Nailea Norvind - Valeria Andrade de Longoria
- África Zavala - Yorley Quiroga
- Mark Tacher - Jorge Casso
- Zaide Silvia Gutiérrez - Rosaura Pereyra de Salgar
- Flavio Medina - David Magaña
- Juan Carlos Barreto - Jaime Espinosa Cabrera
- Sophie Alexander - Maite Duarte de Casso
- Agustín Arana - Leonardo Torres
- Alberto Estrella - Rodrigo Longoria
- Susana González - Doménica Mondragon
- Justo Martínez - Don Nazario
- Eduardo España - Quintín
- Pablo Valentín - Marcial
- Danny Perea - Jennifer "Jenny" Salgar Pereyra
- Alex Sirvent - Alcides
- Marcia Coutiño - Charito
- Juan Ríos - Faber Esparza
- Gabriela Zamora - Mireya Nieto
- Jana Raluy - Miranda Pinto
- Alfonso Dosal - Sebastián Longoria Andrade
- Loania Quinzaños - Fanny Magaña Quiroga
- Claudia Godínez - Jessica
- Thelma Madrigal - Paola "Pao" González Palacios
- Guillermo Avilán - César Salgar Pereyra
- Magda Guzmán - Conchita Cabrera Vda. de Espinosa
- Édgar Vivar - Renato Villamar
- Ricardo Guerra - Pavel
- Cassandra Ciangherotti - Laila
- Arturo Barba - Román Pérez
- Ricardo Fastlitcht - Plinio
- Lisset - Denisse
- Adalberto Parra - Amador
- Ariane Pellicer - Cindy
- Georgina Pedret - Clarita
- Karol Sevilla - Monse Esparza
- Mario Loria - Sergio Aldama
- Emmanuel Orenday - Dylan
- Jonathan Becerra - Beto
- Alex Perea - El Zorro
- Juan Verduzco - Enrique Pimentel
- Miguel Pizarro - Andrés
- Socorro Bonilla - Ofelia
- Maricruz Nájera - Confesión
Awards and nominations
|2011||29th TVyNovelas Awards|
|Best Telenovela of the Year||Giselle González and Roberto Gómez Fernández||Won|
|Best Actress||Rebecca Jones||Nominated|
|Best Actor||René Strickler||Nominated|
|Best Antagonist Actor||Juan Carlos Barreto||Won|
|Best Co-lead Actress||Alejandra Barros||Won|
|Best Co-lead Actor||Jesús Ochoa||Won|
|Best Leading Actress||Magda Guzmán||Won|
|Best Leading Actor||Alejandro Camacho||Won|
|Best Young Lead Actor||Alfonso Dosal||Won|
|Best Female Revelation||Thelma Madrigal||Nominated|
|Best Musical Theme||"Para volver a amar" by Kany García||Nominated|
|Premios People en Español||Best telenovela||Para volver a amar||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Nailea Norvind||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Alejandro Camacho||Nominated|
|Best supporting actress||Alejandra Barros||Nominated|
|Best supporting actor||Mark Tacher||Won|
|Best villain||Juan Carlos Barreto||Nominated|
|Revelation of the Year||Alfonso Dosal||Nominated|
|Couple of the Year||Rebecca Jones and René Strickler||Nominated|
|Premios ACE||Best telenovela||Para volver a amar||Won|
|Best female starring||Rebecca Jones||Won|
|Zaide Silvia Gutiérrez||Nominated|
|Best male starring||Alejandro Camacho||Won|
|Best revelation actor||Flavio Medina||Won|
|Premios Bravo||Best telenovela||Roberto Gómez Fernández and Giselle González||Won|
|Best Antagonist||Juan Carlos Barreto||Won|
|Male Revelation||Alfonso Dosal||Won|
|Child revelation||Loania Quinzaños||Won|
|Best screenplay||Aída Guajardo||Won|
- "Marriage Diaries". televisainternacional. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- "'Matrimonios' cambia su nombre a 'Para volver a amar'". esmas.com. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- "Presentan elenco de 'Para volver a amar'". noroeste.com. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- ""Para volver a amar" comienza el lunes". todotnv.com. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "Hoy inicia Para Volver a Amar". tvyespectaculos. Retrieved July 12, 2010.
- "Molesta de cambio de horario de Para Volver a Amar". tvyespectaculos. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- ""Para Volver a Amar" finalizará este mes". todotnv.com. Retrieved January 30, 2011.
- "Rafaela Inicia 31 de enero". tvyespectaculos. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- "Ganadores de los Premios TvyNovelas 2011". tvyespectaculos. Retrieved March 7, 2011.
- "Mejor Actor Secundario". peopleenespanol.com. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- "¡Bravo! a los premiados". tvyespectaculos. Retrieved October 13, 2011.