The Paris Rollergirls is a women's flat track roller derby league based in Paris, France. Founded in February 2010, the league currently consists of a single team which competes against teams from other leagues, and is a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
The league was founded by Inès Habhab, following the release of Whip It! in France (under the title Bliss). As the sport was not established in France, she was assisted by the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) in forming a league. In October 2010, the league was accepted as an apprentice member of the WFTDA, and it became a full member of the WFTDA in June 2013.
The league has been described as diverse, with French skaters joined by some originally from Finland, Germany, Indonesia and the United States. In May 2011, the team defeated the B-team of the German champions, Stuttgart Valley Rollergirlz.
More than half of the skaters for France at the 2011 Roller Derby World Cup were from the Paris Rollergirls.
- ^ "Paris Rollergirls – WFTDA". wftda.com. WFTDA. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- ^ Billard, Sébastien (3 March 2011). "A la découverte du roller-derby, le". Le Monde.fr (in French). Le Monde. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- ^ Lucile Roger, "Le «roller derby» débarque en France!", Têtu, 27 May 2010 (French)
- ^ "WFTDA Apprentice Program Welcomes 10 New Leagues", WFTDA, 5 October 2010
- ^ "WFTDA Welcomes First Full Member Leagues in Asia and South America", 6 June 2013
- ^ "Le roller-derby, le sport sexy et violent qui séduit les françaises", Les Inrockuptibles, 28 May 2011 (French)
- ^ "Equipe Archived October 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.", Team France Roller Derby (French)
- ^ "Current Rankings", WFTDA
- ^ "Rankings: December 31, 2014 – WFTDA". wftda.com. WFTDA. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- ^ "Rankings: December 31, 2015 – WFTDA". wftda.com. WFTDA. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- ^ "Rankings: December 31, 2016 – WFTDA". wftda.com. WFTDA. Retrieved 16 April 2017.