Stuttgart Valley Rollergirlz
|Teams||Hit Girls (A-team)
The Bad Seed (B-team)
|Venue||SpOrt Stuttgart, SCHARRena Stuttgart|
The league was the second to be founded in Europe, in the same month as the London Rollergirls, founded in April 2006. The leagues did not initially know about the formation of each other. As it was the first roller derby league in Germany, it initially bouted against teams from the UK. The SVRG played the London Rockin Rollers in November 2007, in the first public bout in Europe between two leagues and in June 2009 the first all German game against Barock City Roller Derby.
Other leagues began appearing in Germany in 2008 and 2009, with Stuttgart giving particular assistance to Bear City Roller Derby in organising itself. The Zurich Rollergirlz credit Stuttgart with helping organise Switzerland's first roller derby information meeting.
Ten of Stuttgart's skaters were selected for Team Germany at the 2011 Roller Derby World Cup, and one was selected for Team Brazil. In October 2011, Stuttgart became an apprentice member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association, and it became a full member of the WFTDA in March 2013.
- Sofia Stridsman, "En livsstil på åtta hjul", SvD, 10 November 2006 (Swedish)
- Marta Popowska, "A short history of roller derby in Europe", Blood and Thunder #15, pp.18-23
- Janos Berghardt, "Hart und schnell - Frauensport Roller Derby", Mitteldeutsche Zeitung, 10 March 2008 (German)
- Melanie Sevcenko, "Roller derby warriors skate to glory", The Local, 13 December 2010
- "Die komplette deutsche Mannschaft" (in German). Roller Derby Germany. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Hurt Reynolds (26 August 2011). "Argentina, Brazil Announce World Cup Rosters". Derby News Network. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "WFTDA accepts 14 leagues into apprentice program", WFTDA, 27 October 2011
- "WFTDA Welcomes 5 New Members", WFTDA, 7 March 2013