Pat Proctor is an active duty United States Army lieutenant colonel serving at Fort Polk, Louisiana. Lt.Col. Proctor is a graduate of the highly selective School of Advanced Military Studies. Lt.Col. Proctor most recently deployed to Jordan as a battalion commander. In 2009, he deployed as the operations officer for Task Force Patriot (2nd Battalion, 32nd Field Artillery) to Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit, Iraq. In 2007, Lt.Col. Proctor worked as part of the Joint Strategic Assessment Team, a team of diplomats, military theorists, and intellectuals assembled by GEN David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker to develop the strategy for post-surge Iraq.
Since 2008, Lt.Col. Proctor has been an active freelance writer. He has been published in the US Army War College journal, Parameters, and online at StrategyPage.com and Armchair General. He just completed work on his third book, Containment and Credibility.
- Proctor, Pat (Spring 2008). "The Mythical Shia Crescent" (PDF). Parameters. 38 (1): 30–42.
- Proctor, Pat (November 2009). "Decision at Talil Airbase". Armchair General.
- Proctor, Pat (with Carolyn Wheater and Jane R. Burstein), ASVAB AFQT Cram Plan, (New York: Cliffs Notes, 2010), ISBN 978-0-470-59889-4.
- Proctor, Pat, Media War: The Media-Enabled Insurgency in Iraq, (Manhattan, KS: ProSIM, 2010), ISBN 978-0-615-43267-0.
- Proctor, Pat (Spring 2011). "Message vs. Perception during the 'Americanization' of the Vietnam War". The Historian. 73 (5).
- Proctor, Pat (March–April 2011). "Fighting to Understand". Military Review. 40 (7).
- Proctor, Pat; Oakley, Dave (Spring 2012). "Ten Years of GWOT, the Failure of Democratization and the Fallacy of "Ungoverned Spaces"". Journal of Strategic Security. 5 (1).
- Proctor, Pat (Summer 2012). "War without Violence: Leveraging the Arab Spring to Win the War on Terrorism". Journal of Strategic Security. 5 (2).
- Proctor, Pat, Task Force Patriot and the End of Combat Operations in Iraq, (Lanham, MD: Government Institutes, 2012), ISBN 978-1-60590-777-2.
- Proctor, Pat, Containment and Credibility: The Ideology and Deception that Plunged America into the Vietnam War, (New York: Carrel Books, 2016), ISBN 978-1631440564.
Lieutenant Colonel Proctor also maintains a blog, Media Warfare, which covers various topics and includes discussion of wargames, book reviews, and commentary on current events.
Proctor is also a wargame developer and founder of ProSIM Company. This company develops computer wargames that are published by Shrapnel Games (an internet wargame distributor). ProSIM is known for its simulations of modern warfare, including such titles as BCT Commander, Armored Task Force, and Air Assault Task Force. ProSIM has also worked with military contractors such as Boeing and Lockheed Martin to produce ground combat simulations.