Young with Galatasaray in 2015
|No. 4 – Olympiacos Piraeus|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|League||Greek Basket League
February 1, 1992 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10.25 in (2.09 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school||Providence School
|NBA draft||2014 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Patric Young (born February 1, 1992) is an American professional basketball player who plays for Olympiacos Piraeus of the Greek Basket League. He played college basketball for the University of Florida.
Young accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was a member of coach Billy Donovan's Florida Gators men's basketball team from 2010 to 2014. In his four-year college career at Florida, Young became the 50th 1,000-point scorer in UF history and finished his career 27th on the all-time scoring list with 1,307 points. He also became the 11th Gator all-time with 1,300 points and 800 rebounds. Young never missed a game in his career, becoming the second player in program history to appear in 150 games. As a senior, he was named NABC Pete Newell Big Man of the Year, AP and Senior CLASS All-American, CoSIDA Academic All-American and SEC Defensive Player of the Year. He was also a two-time All-SEC, earning second-team honors from coaches and AP in 2014 and second-team honors from the coaches in 2013. Furthermore, he became the league’s first three-time winner of the SEC Scholar Athlete of the Year honor, earning the recognition in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
After going undrafted in the 2014 NBA draft, Young joined the New Orleans Pelicans for the 2014 NBA Summer League. On July 24, 2014, he signed with the Pelicans. On November 30, 2014, he was waived by the Pelicans before appearing in a game for them.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
- "Florida’s Patric Young Named NABC Big Big Man Of The Year". missourisportsredux.com. April 3, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "4 Patric Young". GatorZone.com. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- Eichenhofer, Jim (July 2, 2014). "Florida's Patric Young will play for summer Pelicans". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- Eichenhofer, Jim (July 8, 2014). "Pelicans rookie Patric Young a formidable presence in paint". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "2014 Summer League Player Profile – Patric Young". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Pelicans Sign Fredette and Young". NBA.com (Press release). Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 24, 2014. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Pelicans Waive Miller and Young". NBA.com (Press release). Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. November 30, 2014. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- "Galatasaray announces Patric Young". Sportanado.com. December 3, 2014. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Bourguet, Gerald (27 June 2015). "Phoenix Suns Add Patric Young, Josh Harrellson To NBA Summer League Team". valleyofthesuns.com. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Olympiacos bulks up with Young". euroleague.net. 17 July 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- Patric Young at draftexpress.com
- Patric Young at eurobasket.com
- Patric Young at euroleague.net
- Patric Young at gatorzone.com